Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-2007, 03:21 PM

Default AK, AQ, AJ s are leaking! There is water all over the place!

I am down 5 BI with AK, AQ, AJs over 180 hands with them.

Ofc this might be bad luck, or maybe I hate money when I have them.

I reviewed my hands and I don't know what's wrong with them.

Here are the biggest 3 losers:

SB: $26.25
BB: $40.20
UTG: $32.00
MP: $27.55
CO: $22.45
Button: $92.80

Preflop: Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
<font color="#FF0000">UTG raises to $1.25</font>, MP folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, <font color="#FF0000">Hero raises to $4.25</font>, UTG calls $3.

Flop: ($8.60) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#FF0000">Hero bets $7.50</font>, <font color="#FF0000">UTG raises to $27.75 (all in)</font>, Hero calls $20.25.

--

UTG: $26.80
MP: $36.05
CO: $23.80
Button: $34.35
SB: $46.80
BB: $25.00

CO posts a blind of $0.35

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
UTG folds, MP folds, CO checks, Button calls $0.25, <font color="#FF0000">SB raises to $1.50</font>, Hero calls $1.25, CO folds, Button folds.

Flop: ($3.60) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#FF0000">SB bets $3</font>, <font color="#FF0000">Hero raises to $9</font>, <font color="#FF0000">SB raises to $24.50</font>, Hero calls $14.50 (all in).

--

SB: $23.40
BB: $25.00
UTG: $29.45
MP: $4.50
CO: $22.20
Button: $16.65

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
UTG calls $0.25, MP calls $0.25, <font color="#FF0000">CO raises to $1.50</font>, Button folds, SB folds, <font color="#FF0000">Hero raises to $6</font>, UTG folds, MP folds, CO calls $4.50.

Flop: ($12.60) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, CO checks.

Turn: ($12.60) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#FF0000">Hero bets $9.75</font>, CO calls $9.75.

River: ($32.10) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#FF0000">Hero bets $9.25 (all in)</font>, CO calls $6.45 (all in).

Final Pot: $45.00

---

Aside from that, PokerEV shows that I am betting slightly above equity in all streets (particularly river) on showdown hands with AKs, AQs, AJs. However, my river af is only 1.49 and I feel I should be vb more in general (tho I am not sure about these hands in particular).

What can I do to find the leak? Are any of the these 3 hands major leaks? Minor leaks iyo? How can I use pokertracker to find the leak I can't by reviewing the hands.

I was also losing with AK, AQ and AJs on 50NL where I was a winning player over 30k hands, and 100NL where I only played 10k hands, and was winning very very slightly. However, AK, AQ and AJs are always losing. I went back to 25NL to fix leaks. Obviously, I can't find them on my own.

Ty in advance.
Old 11-28-2007, 03:49 PM

Default Re: AK, AQ, AJ s are leaking! There is water all over the place!

Hand #1: I think I can fold when villain shoves. I really think the best you are getting out of an A or K hitting on average is to break even (you are really only getting a lot of value from QQ-JJ in my opinion). Beyond that you are probably drawing dead or behind if he has AT or something. Sorry I don't have PStove at work to look at the equity, but that's my opinion on first glance

Hand #2: I really think you should 3-bet the SB PF. I don't see a huge problem with the turn call to be honest.

Hand #3: bet the flop.

Note: this is a lot easier if you give us reads on players. For instance in hand #3 someone who is really tight preflop is probably not calling your PF 3-bet with 22 or an A9, 9T type of hand.
Old 11-28-2007, 04:21 PM

Hand 1 c-bet less its a rr'd pot and a paired board make it ~4.25.And you can fold to a raise then

Hand 2 3bet pre.On Flop your line was ok tho you can simply draw to your draw if he is going to pay you off

Hand 3 Bet less on turn around 7.5 or something.
Old 11-28-2007, 04:27 PM

I fiddled around in pokerstove, and I can't come up with a range for the villain in hand #1 that we can't call his shove with getting 2-1. We're most likely flipping and have to call that shove every time. I think the c-bet was a little bigger than needed, though.

Hand 2 you have to 3-bet preflop every time. If you just flat, the button will call behind you more often than not and you'll have poor relative position postflop, being squeezed between the PFR and another player. Plus you're ahead of his 3bet calling range anyway, so there's no reason to not want more money in the pot. You played postflop fine; obviously have to call that shove.

Hand 3 bet the flop with the intention of 3-betting AI if raised. As played, turn and river are fine.
Old 11-28-2007, 05:28 PM

Well I don't remember reads on the players ofc. As you can see I play h1 and h3 differently. I don't see a problem with either tbh (I am not saying there isn't a problem, saying that I don't see any).

I feel I wanted to c/rai on h3, maybe probably because the villain is too aggro.

I think h1 is pretty std for my stds. I actually want a shove from QQ-JJ, which makes a big part of his range that he won't fold imo.

h2 I sometimes raise sometimes call. Calling might be a leak, dunno, I do it sometimes anyway. Is this really a huge leak? I am sure it is not -ev, but maybe it is not the most +ev? I might have just called depending on villain.

Anyway, those hands seem fine to me [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Maybe that's where my problem begins..
Old 11-28-2007, 05:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 1 c-bet less its a rr'd pot and a paired board make it ~4.25.And you can fold to a raise then

Hand 2 3bet pre.On Flop your line was ok tho you can simply draw to your draw if he is going to pay you off

Hand 3 Bet less on turn around 7.5 or something.

[/ QUOTE ]

I will reply to your opinions in particular [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

h1 trying to find an excuse to fold this hand after putting more money in is bad imo. We are ahead alot. No need to bet less and give him ideas about stealing the pot with 77 or something. If he has us beat, so be it. He was just raising the limpers, no need to show weakness and fold.

h2 I realize 3betting pre is std, but I sometimes call. I am not sure of my read on the villain.

h3 why 7.5? What's his range? Which hands we want to call fold when I bet 12?
Old 11-28-2007, 06:01 PM

About cbetting in reraised pots. It is much less likely that people are on draws in reraised pots. Compared to standard raised pots you will see overcards/pairs much more often. If he has JJ+ here, he isn't folding and overcards will probably fold to a 1/2-2/3 psb as well. If you bet less, you will leave yourself some room for folding.
Old 11-28-2007, 06:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
About cbetting in reraised pots. It is much less likely that people are on draws in reraised pots. Compared to standard raised pots you will see overcards/pairs much more often. If he has JJ+ here, he isn't folding and overcards will probably fold to a 1/2-2/3 psb as well. If you bet less, you will leave yourself some room for folding.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is actually why I don't want to bet less.

Maybe I am wrong but it is totally against my poker knowledge to bet less to leave space for folding, when it can become obvious.