Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-26-2007, 10:43 PM

Default Re: *** OFFICIAL 11/25/07 NFL SNF GAME THREAD (PHI @ NE) ***

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i really think the +24 was a overreaction to the buff game. I wonder if we'll see a similar type overreaction to next weeks game vs the ravens. I wouldn't be suprised to see it in the +15/+18 range, in which im shipping my entire BR on the pats

[/ QUOTE ]

You know the game is in Baltimore right? I expect the line to be somewhere around +14 and to move up steadily. I have no idea what the correct line should be.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm a Baltimore ultra-fan and I'd pound the hell out of Pats -14. The Ravens are horrible and have completely given up on the year.

- C -

[/ QUOTE ]

That line was available last week at Bal +20. It has already opened this week at +20, and has been bet up to +20.5. I would calm down on your personal attacks. You don't seem all that knowledgeable.

Yes, the Ravens are horrible.
Old 11-26-2007, 11:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i really think the +24 was a overreaction to the buff game. I wonder if we'll see a similar type overreaction to next weeks game vs the ravens. I wouldn't be suprised to see it in the +15/+18 range, in which im shipping my entire BR on the pats

[/ QUOTE ]

You know the game is in Baltimore right? I expect the line to be somewhere around +14 and to move up steadily. I have no idea what the correct line should be.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm a Baltimore ultra-fan and I'd pound the hell out of Pats -14. The Ravens are horrible and have completely given up on the year.

- C -

[/ QUOTE ]

That line was available last week at Bal +20. It has already opened this week at +20, and has been bet up to +20.5. I would calm down on your personal attacks. You don't seem all that knowledgeable.

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh...what exactly are you referring to. psu told me if the line opened at 14 he'd slam -14 which means he think -14 is too low of a line, which it may very well be. I still don't know what the books and public think of the Pats. You seemed to attack him for no reason whatsoever.
Old 11-26-2007, 11:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

- C -

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh...what exactly are you referring to. psu told me if the line opened at 14 he'd slam -14 which means he think -14 is too low of a line, which it may very well be. I still don't know what the books and public think of the Pats. You seemed to attack him for no reason whatsoever.

[/ QUOTE ]

His post where he says:

[ QUOTE ]

LOL @ +24.5 being a no play.

I don't care if you really are a fanboi or not...you were pretty obviously falling all over yourself about how awesome the Pats are and fell clearly in the "square" box even if you didn't bet it.

24+ points, 3-7 ATS and the squares still shoved the opening 22 over that number. I lost count of the number of sharps in this thread that have said what a stupid life-tilt inducing line this is, and you're still arguing that you're right.

Not my fault if you hate money.

[/ QUOTE ]

It was right above the post where he responded to you.
Old 11-26-2007, 11:31 PM

Well considering he's talking about two completely different teams in those two posts, I'm not going to draw the same conclusion as you.
Old 11-26-2007, 11:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well considering he's talking about two completely different teams in those two posts, I'm not going to draw the same conclusion as you.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK. Thanks for letting me know.
Old 11-26-2007, 11:39 PM

I guess I don't understand your point then. He said -24.5 against the Eagles was a terrible line and said -14 against the Ravens was a great line. I must be missing something huge.
Old 11-26-2007, 11:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I guess I don't understand your point then. He said -24.5 against the Eagles was a terrible line

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, what he effectively said was that anyone who did not bet Phi +24.5 was nothing but a "square" and a "fanboy". I don't agree with this viewpoint.

[ QUOTE ]

and said -14 against the Ravens was a great line.

[/ QUOTE ]

He went on to say he had no idea how to set that line, and he was also clueless that the line has been available for hours. I just don't think someone with his obviously limited knowledge should be quite so aggressive in describing others as "squares".
Old 11-27-2007, 12:23 AM

I was the one that said I had no idea what the line should be set at. He never said that. He said he'd hammer Pats -14 if it was offered.
Old 11-27-2007, 12:24 AM

You don't think laying 24.5 to a top 12 DVOA team, outscored their opponents, given up <18ppg to opposing offenses, held 4 teams to <=1TD, with a Def backfield that had easily stopped Moss 3x before and coached, by all accounts, the best and most crafty DC in the nation, and featuring the current NFL leader in ypg from scrimmage was a square bet?

With all the BSPs riding Brady's jock?
What's a square bet then??
I ask this honestly, as I bet huge on NWE -15.5 last week, but this game versus a veteran team with playoff hopes was entirely different.
Old 11-27-2007, 12:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You don't think laying 24.5 to a top 12 DVOA team, outscored their opponents, given up <18ppg to opposing offenses, held 4 teams to <=1TD, with a Def backfield that had easily stopped Moss 3x before and coached, by all accounts, the best and most crafty DC in the nation, and featuring the current NFL leader in ypg from scrimmage was a square bet?

[/ QUOTE ]

First of all, I never said that. What I did say is that laying off that game does not qualify you as a "square" or a "fanboy". There is no reason for all of the over the top rhetoric that this board is rife with.

One thing you don't mention is that McNabb was out. I tried to tell you that the Eagles would not miss McNabb (as they never do), and you tried to make the case that McNabb is some kind of great QB. Some people thought this should have a major effect on the line.

As for me, I had:

1. NE -17 (bet it in advance as a game of the year)
2. Phi +24.5. I was not gonna go for the middle/hedge at -22. When it crossed 24, I made the bet. Still, I didn't consider the bet a slam dunk, where any reasonable bettor MUST be on the Eagles. Why are you guys being so results oriented?
3. NE -25 parlayed with Over 52 and Phi +25 parlayed with Under 52.

As you can see, I lost all of these bets (except for the Phi +24.5 middle attempt). I wouldn't assume that they were all massively ---EV based on the results of the game though. You guys are acting like the line was off by 10 points or something.

Someone said he wasn't going to touch the game at -24.5 - big [censored] deal.