Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 09-30-2007, 05:53 PM

Default Re: How to Wear a Button Up Shirt

Plus the sweat will show through the dress shirt. Anybody decrying the use of an undershirt will most likely be a wayward fashionista.
Old 09-30-2007, 07:43 PM

v-neck undershirts with open-collar dress shirts ftw. crewnecks or beaters just look stupid.
Old 09-30-2007, 08:32 PM

i always thought buttondown means there are buttons on the collar that you can button down? so if there are no buttons on the collar then its not a buttondown? is this wrong?
Old 09-30-2007, 08:46 PM

put me down for the don't tuck in, unbuttoned on top, and no shirt underneath. if you have a hairy chest, you don't want to be attracting girls that don't like hairy chests.
and yes, wear a hat.

secondly, don't leave to go out until *whiney*TT stops by this thread.
Old 09-30-2007, 09:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i always thought buttondown means there are buttons on the collar that you can button down? so if there are no buttons on the collar then its not a buttondown? is this wrong?

[/ QUOTE ]

What Country are you from?

EDIT: Sorry I shouldn't be so harsh. A button-down is a shirt in which you fasten by buttoning all the way up the front. Has nothing to do with the collar.

Dress shirts with only 2 or 3 buttons towards the top (and short sleeves) are known as polos.
Old 09-30-2007, 09:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
put me down for the don't tuck in, unbuttoned on top, and no shirt underneath. if you have a hairy chest, you don't want to be attracting girls that don't like hairy chests.
and yes, wear a hat.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude...no. Unless you're talking about bars with like live music. Who would wear a hat to a nice club/lounge/bar? That would look silly.
Old 09-30-2007, 10:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Who would wear a hat to a nice club/lounge/bar? That would look silly.

[/ QUOTE ]

Old 10-01-2007, 12:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

EDIT: Sorry I shouldn't be so harsh. A button-down is a shirt in which you fasten by buttoning all the way up the front. Has nothing to do with the collar.

Dress shirts with only 2 or 3 buttons towards the top (and short sleeves) are known as polos.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's asking about shirts where you can button down the collar, not polos.
Old 10-01-2007, 01:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He's asking about shirts where you can button down the collar, not polos.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know that, shirts where you can button down the collar or not have no bearing on whether it's a "button up". I was just giving him an example of a dress shirt that wouldn't be considered a "button up", in a polo.
Old 10-01-2007, 02:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think this is right. "Button down" refers only to the collar. A "button down" shirt (with buttons on the points of the collar) is generally less formal than the alternative. Collectively, shirts that button at the way down the front (some, but not all of which are "button-down") would probably best be referred to as "dress shirts". Neither of these terms includes polo shirts.