Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-29-2007, 11:07 AM

Default Re: Fall Fashions (and good deals on fashions!)

[ QUOTE ]
That last pair looks essentially the same as the first one IMO. Couldn't I get away with something even less formal and more comfortable?

[/ QUOTE ]

get something like the top 2 for suits (he's right, they are more formal than the bottom one), but loafers are definitely appropriate for business casual. something like:

or:

Old 09-29-2007, 11:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
That last pair looks essentially the same as the first one IMO. Couldn't I get away with something even less formal and more comfortable?

[/ QUOTE ]

In a suit? No you can't. And so long as you're not planning on running great distances in them, these shoes will be comfortable (Assuming they fit correctly).
Old 09-29-2007, 11:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

In a suit? No you can't. And so long as you're not planning on running great distances in them, these shoes will be comfortable (Assuming they fit correctly).

[/ QUOTE ]

In that question I meant to imply business casual
Old 09-29-2007, 03:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well, I'm not in the US so I don't know many of the brands you are talking about or I have just never seen them. My shape is not too unsimilar with yours. 42" or 43" chest to 33" waist. I once bought polos from H&M (Hennes&Mauritz, don't know how far spread they are over the globe). They are very cheap (like $15), pretty poor quality (the colors fade quickly) but have a pretty nice fit if you buy them a size smaller. And since they are so cheap, you can basically buy a few of them. Wash them a few times and then move on to the next one. You can actually force yourself to vary the colors you wear that way [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] They have no logo on them, which I personally like but which could tip some savvy people off, obv.

[/ QUOTE ]

I had a couple H&M polos...the XL didn't fit my arms and was too short, which is really weird since I'm only 6' tall. It barely made it to my belt after going through the wash. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

The first pair of loafers there looks really good, what kind are those?
Old 09-29-2007, 04:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

In that case I'd go with a monkstrap which is probably the most versatile shoe for dressing up and down.

Old 09-29-2007, 04:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]

The first pair of loafers there looks really good, what kind are those?

[/ QUOTE ]

cole haan
Old 09-29-2007, 07:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

In that case I'd go with a monkstrap which is probably the most versatile shoe for dressing up and down.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is an excellent solution if you don't feel like girling it up with 900 pairs of shoes.

OP, business casual is no longer a defined enough term in modern America, what exact other clothes are you planning on wearing?
Old 09-29-2007, 08:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What if you have a muscular build? I have the hardest time finding clothes that fit right because my chest/shoulders/arms are big and my waist is little...everything looks funny because there is so much extra fabric if I get it to fit my shoulders.

[/ QUOTE ]

OMG, I know this problem so well, esp. with business shirts. I'm not THAT athletic, but I have very long arms as a bonus. So when I find a shirt that has long enough arms (think oversize), there is usually way too much fabric around the waist which SUCKS. And I don't have the money to buy special designer shirts. So I'd really like to know if it's an easy alternative to have shirts "customized".

[/ QUOTE ]

Just buy shirts that are either "athletic," "modern," or "slim" fit shirts. They all have tapered waists.
Old 09-30-2007, 07:57 PM

It seems like a lot of the talk on shoes here has been centered on getting away with more casual shoes for formal settings. What about the other way around, though? I recently purchased the AE Delray for a business casual dress situations (including khaki dress pants). On the AE website, however, it's listed as "dress." Would I be able to get away with this, or would it be much better to instead purchase something from their dress casual section?

EDIT: The sole is basically all wood, whereas I believe the casual shows are mostly rubber.
Old 09-30-2007, 09:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It seems like a lot of the talk on shoes here has been centered on getting away with more casual shoes for formal settings. What about the other way around, though? I recently purchased the AE Delray for a business casual dress situations (including khaki dress pants). On the AE website, however, it's listed as "dress." Would I be able to get away with this, or would it be much better to instead purchase something from their dress casual section?

EDIT: The sole is basically all wood, whereas I believe the casual shows are mostly rubber.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is fine to wear those shoes with casual outfits. I guess they list them under dress shoes because most people associate with business dress, which is probably correct as business has become more casual

btw the sole is leather not wood.