Married 111 20.59%
Separated 1 0.19%
Divorced 10 1.86%
Widowed 3 0.56%
Voters: 539. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-18-2006, 09:06 AM

Default Re: this chick is fat, yo

Everyone,

I totally rated duck as at least an 8 as soon as i met her. After hanging out for a bit, she moved up to a 9. Once i confirmed that she was a lesbian, she became a 10. If she put on 35 pounds, that would drop her back down to around an 8.

-cnfuzzd
Old 05-18-2006, 09:07 AM

Duck,

Perhaps you should lobby for a new, anti-misogynist other topics forum. I might post in that one. I have a chance at getting the moderators playground for a week, want to test run it? pm me for my aim and we can discuss it. I promise, i wont try to cyber with you.

-cnfuzzd
Old 05-18-2006, 09:07 AM

Fat Chicks,

I am more than ready to get down with you. Sorry if oot has made you sad.

-pjn
Old 05-18-2006, 09:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Who changes their name to what if/when I get married is among the least important things to me. It's just a name.

[/ QUOTE ]

Since it doesn't matter, why go out of your way to do something retarded? Since it doesn't matter, why not just go with the traditional way? (Obviously I'm not talking people for whom this is traditional like some Latin cultures.) The answer is because she is choosing to make an issue out of it. Or else because the guy has some kind of weird European pretentiousness even though he isn't.
Old 05-18-2006, 09:24 AM

I'm not an OOTer and I haven't read all of this thread (my post is probably off-topic now, lol), but I'd like to respond.

The OP is angry, because the men on this forum judge the appearance of women, and she believes that this shows disrepect towards women. Or something like that.

IMO, it's not the men that are shallow, but the OP. Why? Judging people on their appearance is completely natural. You can't put a stop to it.
If a woman is walking down a street with a friend and the friend later talks about a ridiculously fat guy that walked in front of them, does the woman ever say: "What? A fat guy? I wouldn't know, I forgot to judge all the people I saw!"
That's [censored]. Everybody judges the appearance of all other people they see. I once read somewhere that even babies react differently to attractive people than ugly people. So judging people on their appearance is completely natural.

Men post here and read this forum for their own entertainment. And one thing men enjoy most is looking at beautiful women, and when pics of women are posted, why wouldn't they be critical? They are just giving their honest opinion.
When the guys here judge a woman's appearance, they are doing just that: judging a woman's appearance. Saying a fat woman is not fat would be flat-out lying. But when someone says a woman is chubby or fat, is this a personal insult to all the women on this planet? When someone says a woman is fat, does that mean he dislikes her or disrespects her? No, it means that he thinks the woman is fat.

The fault lies with the women who are insulted by these judgements. If a woman is fat, and a man says that she's fat, the woman is insulted. Why? Because the woman believes she's nothing but a body. The man doesn't mean any harm. He just gives his opinion. He didn't say: "This woman is unworthy and inferior in general." If you are personally offended by statements about your appearance, you believe that your appearance is the most important feature of a person.

Judging someone's appearance is natural. Believing that appearance is the most important feature of a man or woman is shallow. SO FSLEXCDUCK IS SHALLOW! PWNED.
Old 05-18-2006, 09:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
but shortly thereafter educated women largely stopped changing their names.

[/ QUOTE ]

this simply isn't true. more women do the hyphenating thing now, but I don't know a single younger married woman who hasn't taken her husbands name.
Old 05-18-2006, 09:28 AM

gunny,

My wife actually suggested that I do the hyphenated thing, I got a good laugh out of that.

lady,

Your sample is way to small to make such bold assertions and not surprisingly your assertion that women have largely stopped changing their names is simply not based in fact. But don't let that stop you from making wild assertions.

J
Old 05-18-2006, 09:29 AM

Gunny,

She wouldn't have to "make an issue" out of it. I'd pretty much say "I don't care one way or another whether you take my name, or hyphenate, or we both hyphenate, or whatever. Do you have any preferences?" She could very well be perfectly fine with taking my name but might prefer both hyphenated. It wouldn't be an issue, it'd be "this is something I don't care about, so I'll let you decide."

Personally I think it should be whatever makes your names sound best. When I was seeing my last girlfriend, I actually thought to myself that I'd probably want to take her name because it went with my first name better than my actual last name does. Of course, she was pretty conservative and traditional, so I'm pretty sure she'd have hated that idea.

Hmm. Maybe if I get married, I'll pitch the idea of both of us choosing a new last name. I think that'd be cool.
Old 05-18-2006, 09:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hmm. Maybe if I get married, I'll pitch the idea of both of us choosing a new last name. I think that'd be cool.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mr. & Mrs. Madtown...or Mrs. & Mr. Madtown? Nice ring. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Anyway, my point wasn't really that the name itself matters. The point is just that the reason people change the name to the hyphenated thing is usually retarded.
Old 05-18-2006, 09:34 AM

Mr. Highway,

I think it has a certain "flair."