Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-29-2007, 06:33 AM

Default AJs trickyspot

Poker Room skin
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $5/$10
5 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
UTG, folds, CO (poster) checks, Button calls, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#cc0000">BB 3-bets</font>, CO calls, Button calls, Hero calls.

Flop: 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (8SB, 4 players)
Hero ?

The limpers are the typical very loose/passiv guys. They will call a reraise 98% of the time. The BB is very loose aggressive at least in heads up pots. I dont know if he 3bets also that light with 2others in that wont fold. Ok, the question maybe if he realizes that. Its clear that the limpers will not fold a club or any pair/piece of the board even for 2bets.
Old 09-29-2007, 08:19 AM

Default Re: AJs trickyspot

this is an easy check planning to call. the toughest decision is if bb bets and co or button raises. if they are truly loose/passive then i think you can lay this down in that scenario as you are usually drawing to 2 outs or less.
Old 09-29-2007, 10:02 AM

this is not a tricky spot at all. You flopped a very marginal hand in a big pot. Check and hope no one raises, and no a club doesn't hit the turn.
Old 09-29-2007, 10:12 AM

Ok, i checkd the flop. BB bet, Co call, Button call, i call.
Turn: 2d
BB bet, CO call, Button call, i call?
Old 09-29-2007, 11:03 AM

i would actually bet the turn for fear of it being checked through.
as played, it's between a call and a raise depending on the bb. if bb is a complete unknown i'm leaning towards a raise. even if you are somewhat behind bb's range, the other players are padding the pot. of course if all of them call and a club falls on the river, you will just check and fold.

edit: come to think of it, i guess an unknown who bets into 3 people would usually have you beat with an overpair or better, though he might easily have TT with a club or AQ with the ace of clubs etc. but i think on average you are too far behind his range to raise this. so i call. but i still like donking the turn to begin with.
Old 09-29-2007, 11:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i would actually bet the turn for fear of it being checked through.
as played, it's between a call and a raise depending on the bb. if bb is a complete unknown i'm leaning towards a raise. even if you are somewhat behind bb's range, the other players are padding the pot. of course if all of them call and a club falls on the river, you will just check and fold.

edit: come to think of it, i guess an unknown who bets into 3 people would usually have you beat with an overpair or better, though he might easily have TT with a club or AQ with the ace of clubs etc. but i think on average you are too far behind his range to raise this. so i call. but i still like donking the turn to begin with.

[/ QUOTE ]

Assuming the BB is passive I usually just donk/fold the turn after it inevitably goes raise-coldcall.