Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > BBV4Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-18-2007, 04:28 PM

Default Re: Shocking headline

At one of our Rememberance days, where the troops are on parade, a French woman said to me, "You English, you love your glorification of past battles. Us French would never carry on like this about our victories."

"Which victories would those be?"
Old 09-18-2007, 04:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I really don't understnad the American's saying 'saved your asses in WWII' like its something to be proud of. If anything it shows self-involvement since you stood by and watched for years while Nazi Germany conquered the majority of Europe and only got involved when someone bombed one of your ports.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bingo
Old 09-18-2007, 04:36 PM

Old 09-18-2007, 04:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I really don't understnad the American's saying 'saved your asses in WWII' like its something to be proud of. If anything it shows self-involvement since you stood by and watched for years while Nazi Germany conquered the majority of Europe and only got involved when someone bombed one of your ports.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bingo

[/ QUOTE ]

And why was Hitler able to rebuild the German military when it was supposed not allowed to after WWI. Who let that happen huh? The established world powers/countries on the same continent as Germany or a developing nation across a vast ocean? You're lucky we got involved at all. No need to thank us, thank the Japanese.
Old 09-18-2007, 04:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's because we learned our lesson in World War I and we didn't want to be involved with all your problems again. We even passed some laws designed to keep us out of wars like this in the future 5 years before WWII started. But noooo, you guys couldn't keep your planes in the hangar...
Old 09-18-2007, 05:05 PM

lol so Britain was bad for appeasing Hitler, and Britain was bad also for then engaging Hitler? Make up your minds.
Old 09-18-2007, 05:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's because we learned our lesson in World War I and we didn't want to be involved with all your problems again. We even passed some laws designed to keep us out of wars like this in the future 5 years before WWII started. But noooo, you guys couldn't keep your planes in the hangar...

[/ QUOTE ]

If the treaty of versailles didn't impose such onerous, retaliatory burdens on the already smashed Germans, a sick dream like Hitler wouldn't have seemed like the only way out. If Europe didn't want another war with Germany, they sure knew how to practically guarantee one.

America was just sick of all the endless murderous horsesh*t of European tribal bloodletting. That's why we came over here in the first place. The last thing we wanted was more of you idiots' problems. We had barely gotten done busting our asses and losing lives in the last war when you idiots started up again.
Old 09-18-2007, 05:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, it really pissed us off when Germany bombed Pearl Harbor.
Old 09-18-2007, 05:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, it really pissed us off when Germany bombed Pearl Harbor.

[/ QUOTE ]

Old 09-18-2007, 02:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I just have to srsrly ask this one time, and I don't want to get into a political thing because the following is fact:

I find most french jokes funny, but do people actually not realize that the US owes it's independence to france?

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't be surprised if someone came out with a poll of Americans that showed a large part of the populace doesn't know this.

[/ QUOTE ]

first, what the hell is a poll?

second, this is why my dad likes the french in a quirky way. they do some very constructive things sometimes, then other times completely irritate the hell out of everyone.