Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-20-2007, 01:39 PM

Default Re: Journalists Arrested for Revealing Grand Jury Info

[ QUOTE ]

I'm not too interested in big liberal tears for inmates right now, but then again I'm probably bias. Our Warden just denied 8 requests for new Tasers (~$500 per unit) Friday, the same day that 5 52" Flatscreens were installed, 1 in each of the five inmate rec rooms. We didn't have the funding for the tasers, but we did get the funding for the TVs???

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty ignorant about prisons, but I would have thought that TVs would do quite a lot to reduce behavioural problems. Bread and circuses, no?
Old 10-19-2007, 01:58 PM

Default Re: Journalists Arrested for Revealing Grand Jury Info

[ QUOTE ]
The paper received a county grand jury subpoena including damands for "information about all the online readers of the publication since Jan. 1, 2004, including their Internet domain names and browsers and what other Web sites they visited before reading New Times."

[/ QUOTE ]

Dont know whats more appropiate; LOL or WTF? They actually demand information about all the readers of the website the last 3 1/2 years, including IP-adress, what type of browser and operating system they used, information collected by cookies (info such as site preferences, contents of electronic shopping carts and such).

Thats just crazy.