Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > BBV4Life

Old 11-06-2007, 05:39 AM

Default Prop Bet: 60 lbs in 60 days. Discuss

So like most of you slackers, I've become a fat piece of [censored] over the last few years. Of course not being motivated enough by simple health, I decided I needed a monetary reward for getting back into shape. I met up a with a friend of mine who loves the action and here's what we came up with. I must lose 60 lbs in 60 days to win the bet. I am wagering 500 against his 1500. I can use whatever means necessary and don't have to keep it off for any amount of time.

Here is some basic info. I am 6'0" and when I started this, weighed about 265-270 lbs. I was a week or so into the weight loss when I started to lose motivation so thats when I made the bet. This sucks because its easy to lose the first 10-15 lbs and I made the bet after already losing that...so this will have to be "real" weight loss. We discussed the terms on the evening of 10/31 and on the morning of 11/01, he accepted the bet taking my word that I weighed in at 258.0. So on the morning of 1/1/08 (maybe not 60 days, but that is the day) I must weigh in at 198.0 to win or lose the bet.

I'm about 251 right now...should be interesting.

There are more details, but I'll wait to see if anyone gives a sh!t before I post...I'm hoping this will turn into the "can i hit my friend's fastball" or "do 100000000 pushups" thread...but with my luck, no one will care...
Old 11-06-2007, 05:41 AM

Default Re: Prop Bet: 60 lbs in 60 days. Discuss

If the money is really important to you and you don't care about your health, you can easily do this by not eating.
Old 11-06-2007, 05:44 AM

Actually I wouldn't say "easily" but you can do it but you'll look like [censored].
Old 11-06-2007, 05:47 AM

Crystal meth is your only hope.

Realllly bad idea for a bet imo. If you win, $1500 will not be worth what it will take to get you there. And it's not at all healthy to do this and you will be at high risk to gain it all back at the end.
Old 11-06-2007, 06:01 AM

Losing an average of 1 lb. per day for 60 days has got to be one of the most unhealthy things I've ever heard of. GG OP! This is a true BBV4L degen bet. If you win it and survive, you'll be Gildwulf for a day.

Your best bet is to do 100% Atkins diet and force your body into ketosis. Those first 20 or 30 will melt off, but then your problem will be you'll still have another 30 or 40 to go. laffo.
Old 11-06-2007, 06:02 AM

put me down for $130k
Old 11-06-2007, 06:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Losing an average of 1 lb. per day for 60 days has got to be one of the most unhealthy things I've ever heard of. GG OP! This is a true BBV4L degen bet. If you win it and survive, you'll be Gildwulf for a day.

Your best bet is to do 100% Atkins diet and force your body into ketosis. Those first 20 or 30 will melt off, but then your problem will be you'll still have another 30 or 40 to go. laffo.

[/ QUOTE ]

The additional details are that I've done this sort of thing before. Not for a bet though. I went from 270-185 in about 3.5 months with just diet/exercise. A lot of people said "that sounds unhealthy" but I ate fresh fruits/vegetables every day and cycled my ass off. Started at 4 miles/day until eventually I was doing 25-30. I didn't focus on the weight loss, it just came... I didn't starve myself, and on paper the weight loss seemed "excessive" but it seems to me that eating right and exercising are both healthy things, so I don't consider that to have been an "unhealthy" experiment. The only thing that worries me is that that time was the summer, and this is the winter. No way am I riding a bike in this cold. So i'm gonna have to hit the treadmill or something...

I'm not gonna ruin myself to do this...if I fall short, so be it, 500 is not a lot of money and I'll still feel good about being down to 210lb or whatever... Nevertheless, I think it's very doable...
Old 11-06-2007, 06:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If the money is really important to you and you don't care about your health, you can easily do this by not eating.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes and no...i've tried this and after a while you just level out...you'd be surprised how much of your daily calorie burning is from your digestive system...you're better off eating a bunch of low calorie foods...the jury is still out on the "negative calorie effect" (foods that take more calories to digest than they contain) but I believe it...I've lost way more weight over a week period of eating apples/oranges/brocolli/spinach periodically throughout the day than i have over a week of starving myself...and i've done both. obviously i'm no nutritionist or dietician, but i know my body better than 99% of people know theirs...so that's just my take
Old 11-06-2007, 06:21 AM

How can some people be so dumb
Old 11-06-2007, 06:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
How can some people be so dumb

[/ QUOTE ]

Genetics???