Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-10-2007, 03:52 PM

Default Re: I run worse than anyone I’ve ever known

Well, I went out, and yes, standard replies as expected, so thanks! Of course I've moved down to rebuild. It killed my 100NL roll, not my entire bankroll. I'm usually an ubernit when it comes to bankroll management, so I'm okay.

As regards what people are saying about the run: like I said, no 2-6 outer is ever that bad in and of itself, but when you get, say, seven in one night with all the money in the middle and only one standing up, it's kinda painful. And of course if you filter PT then you can get a load of bad beats. These are all this month though, as I said, which is what's killed it. Have I been missing value as ASPoker has said? Not really. Value betting or, hell, getting all my money in the middle with the best hand so far this month has resulted in losing more money rather making it when they spike their (standard) 3 outer, hence the thread.

I could post the raw hand histories but, like I said, it would be a really long thread. And it'd be even more boring than it already is. Oh, and as for anyone saying I suck, yeah sure. Makes you feel better thinking it? Go for it. I gave you some flavour of how my graphs look usually, so if that sort of performance for about half a year means I've been running well all year and this little 10 days of hell is standard, then oh well. Glad I ran well for six months!

Anyway, it's all good. I'm rebuilding and coming back. I'm just slightly shellshocked at the incredible bad fortune in a very short space of time. Or running standard. Whatever, it all sucks. So 25NL here I come! I wonder how long it'll take me to make 20 buyins... hmmmmm.... any more than 3 sessions and I'll be pissed.

THANKS BBV! You guys are the best!
Old 04-10-2007, 03:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I run worse than anyone I’ve ever known

[/ QUOTE ]
You should meet this guy:

[/ QUOTE ]
Okay he wins. But he loses. So I'm not so sad at that.
Old 04-10-2007, 04:35 PM

im willing to stake you at the .2/.4

pm if interested!
Old 04-10-2007, 04:35 PM

If you regularly win $6k+ a month, why is 18buyins at NL100 decimating to your roll? Does not compute.
Old 04-10-2007, 04:38 PM

those are in tournament chips obv
Old 04-10-2007, 04:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you regularly win $6k+ a month, why is 18buyins at NL100 decimating to your roll? Does not compute.

[/ QUOTE ]
I took 45-ish days off poker recently (I came back to it around March 21st), I'm building a new business and spent a load of the money I made, etc. I had $2,400 at the beginning of the month. That's why. It's all just incredibly bad timing really.

I know, it's weird to some people that I actually spend the money I make playing poker, and it's a little weird that some people think this is some sort of lie but seriously - have you seen how much some of the guys here make?! I'm a small stakes grinder and, generally speaking, I do it pretty well. Just not so much in the last 10 days. Running bad sucks is all. I'm very chilled out about it - no Matusow-style blowups or anything. Just not much fun right now.
Old 04-10-2007, 05:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I took 45-ish days off poker recently

[/ QUOTE ]

a little rusty are you ?
Old 04-10-2007, 05:38 PM

start a word document and put all this stuff in there
Old 04-10-2007, 06:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I took 45-ish days off poker recently (I came back to it around March 21st), I'm building a new business and spent a load of the money I made, etc. I had $2,400 at the beginning of the month. That's why. It's all just incredibly bad timing really.

I know, it's weird to some people that I actually spend the money I make playing poker, and it's a little weird that some people think this is some sort of lie but seriously - have you seen how much some of the guys here make?! I'm a small stakes grinder and, generally speaking, I do it pretty well. Just not so much in the last 10 days. Running bad sucks is all. I'm very chilled out about it - no Matusow-style blowups or anything. Just not much fun right now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah still don't believe you. If you have the money to start a business, you can deposit 1k online to play. It's a investment with higher ROI than your current business if you're having trouble scrunging up so little money. If you regularly won 6k, (for 6 months I believe you said) then you've won at least 25k and depositing 1-2k should not be a big deal.

I am a small stakes grinder at 1/2 and I spend lots of what I make, but I don't think I'll never need a 1k stake since I'll move down before then. It's not weird at all to think someone is lying, since about 98% of the people asking for stakes lie about their awesome performance. Since you're busto now, just divulge your screenname and that'll be more than enough proof. I know you don't have anything to prove to a random stranger online, but if you're asking for a stake, you actually do. If you prove me wrong and can show me these winnings, I will seriously consider staking you since I feel like a [censored].
Old 04-10-2007, 06:19 PM

Pretty much everyone runs worse than everyone they've ever known, which is why I make so much money.