Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Golf
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-01-2007, 10:05 AM

Default Re: What\'d You Shoot Today? (Golf BBV Thread)

81. Two birdies, three doubles - two of which were just stupid.

Went back to a center-shafted putter after taking 21 putts while shooting 41 on Tuesday. I almost think I should carry two putters - I have much better distance control with the heel-shafted Ping but I make a lot more of the three footers with the center-shafted Nike.
Old 07-01-2007, 03:41 PM

53 + 49 = 102. 4 pars, plus 1 birdie on a par 5 (470 yards). A few forgetable disaster holes, as usual. Other than that, it was a pretty average round for me.
Old 07-01-2007, 08:39 PM

85. Played like complete [censored]. Just had no idea where the ball was going. The only reason it wasn't worse was that my chipping was pretty decent.
Old 07-01-2007, 10:56 PM

Wolf course at Paiute from the blue tees. 54-64 that was really better than that on the front and worse than that on the back.

Felt pretty good about my swing early then the wheels fell off. Big problem is that in addition to rarely playing, this was only my second 18 with some clubs I bought last year. My whole life I've played with shafts that are 2" too short for me, and my swing is really struggling to get in rythm with the new longer shafts. I really need to hit a gazillion balls just to find a "standard" swing before I go and start getting advice on how to fix it. On a good note, I putted pretty well.
Old 07-02-2007, 03:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
55 + 51 = 106. Ugly round today. Had 4 pars, as well as several triple-bogeys, a 9 and a 10.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is the mark of a golfer with some talent.

[/ QUOTE ]

I will take this to heart (I'm a big fan of the 7-9 pars and score in the 90s).

[/ QUOTE ]

Like today...46-45 at Poppy Ridge (white tees, sorry...) with 8 pars. The back nine (Chardonnay) went:

par
double
double
par
QUAD
par
bogey
par
par
[img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
Old 07-02-2007, 08:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I love days like this. Playing the blue tees at Red Tail in Portland, shot a 53 on the front, easily my worst score in recent memory. I felt ok about it, though, because I was striking the ball well, I just got in some really bad spots, and had trouble adjusting to the green.
Back Nine:
Par-Par-Par-Bogey-Bogey-Bogey-Double-Birdie-Par, for a 40, and a whopping 93.

[/ QUOTE ]

well, the back 9 is def. more challenging than the front nine, so i guess there is some solace in the 40 coming in. 11, 13, and 15 always seem to give me fits.

I played a round with a course pro at Redtail and he said that they have some of the most challenging greens in the PDX area. He still has trouble reading them on some holes because they break opposite the way they read.
Old 07-02-2007, 08:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Played Stone Creek in Oregon City, Oregon. I used to live on the side of town where this course would have been close, but no longer. I wish I had taken advantage of it earlier. They have a great deal where anytime after 6 you can play as many holes as you can get in for $19, which includes a cart. I actually showed up about 5:30, and he told me to go off whenever, so I was off at about 5:45, off at 9:10, and got 27 holes in. Shot an 83 over my first 18, which I am quite pleased with. If you're in the POrtland area, you have to give Stone Creek a try.

[/ QUOTE ]

And don't forget the Morning Special during the week. Out by 7am and you can play 18 for $20 walking or $29 w/cart. Not as great a deal as the twilight special, but still pretty good.
Old 07-02-2007, 02:24 PM

96 for me. Didn't hit a solid iron shot until hole 13 I think. Probably hit more fairways than I ever have before then proceeded to move 5lbs of dirt with each iron.
Old 07-02-2007, 06:59 PM

shot 79 this morning. got out to vegas on friday night and got to go to the range yesterday so that helped a bit, but my short game was way off. luckily everything else was spot on. unfortunately doubled the last 2 holes or it would have been a 75...i blame that on the heat and lack of sleep since i had come from playing a 9hr poker session before teeing off.

it's a pretty sweet life out here, wake up at like 7pm, eat, go play live poker, eat a few times, play golf at 9am, sleep, repeat...
Old 07-02-2007, 07:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
it's a pretty sweet life out here, wake up at like 7pm, eat, go play live poker, eat a few times, play golf at 9am, sleep, repeat...

[/ QUOTE ]

This sounds like my life exactly. Except for the live part.

Beat: I'm in Ohio.

Brag: I'm an OSU student so for $550 I'm a member at the 24th best course in Ohio. Comparable courses like Tartan Fields would cost about $40,000.

Variance: There's a Nationwide tour event coming up and the course is going to be closed for about ten days. I have no idea what I'm going to do with myself.