Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-08-2007, 07:04 PM

Default Supernova easy, Supernova elite impossible

Before you guys start flaming me for my opinions, i'm just gonna state right now that i switched to Pokerstars a week ago as a long time dedicated Absolute player. I really like it here, i just think there is room for improvement on the VIP program.

I've been looking over the requirements for various VIP levels, and there DOES seem to be logical jumps from one level to the next (small jumps for casual players, 10x jumps for higher volume players).

However, it is my firm belief that the very heart and soul of the pokerstars community is mostly comprised of players that will earn between 200,000-600,000 VPP's per year.

Don't get me wrong. The supernova elite level looks AWESOME. Its just that there is no reward for a player putting in 500,000 vpp's per year.

My suggestion is this (if you're reading scotty): For a player that reaches 500,000 VPPS in a year, give them the 400% FPP bonus. Everything the same as Supernova, but they get the same FPP's and the Elite Level. The Elite level will still be a truly unique and amazing level... can't really beat $30,000 worth of free tournament entries.

My solution is kinda of vague and for that i apologize. Its just slightly frustrating to see how easy it is to acheive supernova but how insanely difficult it is to reach supernova elite. Something in the middle, even if its small, should be introduced.

Thanks for reading
Old 01-08-2007, 07:21 PM

Default Re: Supernova easy, Supernova elite impossible

It should be insanely difficult, thus the term 'Elite'. Only a select few should be able to reach it.

But I do agree with the rest you have to say. There should be other rewards put in place for lower amounts, 200K, 300K...Then again there are bonus rewards for each of these levels already aren't there? You just don't get the fancy title.
Old 01-08-2007, 07:31 PM

Yes thats what i meant. I'm glad Supernova Elite is insanely difficult. My point is that in between supernova and supernova elite there should be some extra type of status reward
Old 01-08-2007, 07:35 PM

Location: always C/Ring with 3 outs and usually getting there

You guys are all caught up in titles and perks.

Take the cash bonuses and be happy. Cash bonuses are much better than FPP bonuses, do you see why?
Old 01-08-2007, 07:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You guys are all caught up in titles and perks.

Take the cash bonuses and be happy. Cash bonuses are much better than FPP bonuses, do you see why?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes i do. My point is that a someone who generates 200,000 vpps per year gets the same amount of FPPS as someone who generates 900,000. That seems silly to me.
Old 01-08-2007, 10:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Its just that there is no reward for a player putting in 500,000 vpp's per year.

[/ QUOTE ]

At 500k VPP's:

Almost $10k in milestone rewards (after purchasing with FPP's)
$24k worth of FPP's (about 1.5 million of them)

Sure looks like you get 'something' at 500k VPP's to me.

I'm a little tired of those saying you don't get ANYTHING at 500k.

If you think that $34k isn't enough reward for the amount of work involved then that's fine and go ahead and make that argument.
But saying you don't get ANYTHING just isn't correct.
Old 01-08-2007, 10:34 PM

Location: On my knees praying that God shows my opponents His power

I'm very happy with what Stars is offering me. However, the question Stars should be asking is if their program is enough to motivate high volumn players to play more. For those that can achieve elite it is certainly enough. For most the rest of us it isn't. We'll probably push to the next benchmark at the end of the year, but as far as making a year long push, I don't see it.

I'll do 400K this year and I imagine many players are at about the same. What if Stars were to offer something pretty significant Like a WSOPME package at the 500K or 600K mark? I promise you, I would get the extra hands played. Even though the dollars won in those extra hands would far outweigh the prize, the cheap bastard in me couldn't pass it up.

Stars should do an evaluation and find that break point which allows them to make a chunk of change in rake while providing that significant-and achievable-carrot to us.

Win win.
Old 01-08-2007, 10:43 PM

I agree this would be a wise thing for Stars to look into further.
I think they could change things around to get some kind of entry before 1-million that would encourage many more players to get all those extra hands in.

Obviously 1-million is not realistic for the vast majority of players. But 500k or 600k could be. And changing the milestone or prize-structure to give better incentive for more players to make it to that level could definitely work for everyone's benefit I suspect.

For the SNE thing, there are only going to be a handful of people who will even try it from the start.
And many of those will know very quickly that they just aren't going to make it so they will give up within a couple weeks.

At the 500k or 600k level you can have many more players hang in there the whole way through. Even have some who give up, and then decide to pick it up again.
1-million is just too many for most of the players to be able to do something like that.
Old 01-08-2007, 10:45 PM

O-Doyle's idea of giving FPP discount prices for the WSOP-ME or PCA or whatever if you reach 400k or 500k is probably the strongest idea of all.

If I want to buy myself in to one of the events I'll obviously have enough FPP's to do it. But I really am not getting a much better price for doing that then for just receiving the cash or some other item.
Old 01-09-2007, 03:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm very happy with what Stars is offering me. However, the question Stars should be asking is if their program is enough to motivate high volumn players to play more. For those that can achieve elite it is certainly enough. For most the rest of us it isn't. We'll probably push to the next benchmark at the end of the year, but as far as making a year long push, I don't see it.

I'll do 400K this year and I imagine many players are at about the same. What if Stars were to offer something pretty significant Like a WSOPME package at the 500K or 600K mark? I promise you, I would get the extra hands played. Even though the dollars won in those extra hands would far outweigh the prize, the cheap bastard in me couldn't pass it up.

Stars should do an evaluation and find that break point which allows them to make a chunk of change in rake while providing that significant-and achievable-carrot to us.

Win win.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats pretty much exactly what i meant to say.