Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-19-2007, 02:24 PM

Default Re: 3-bet.net coaches

[ QUOTE ]
you could also PM any of the coaches on the list individually to see if they're available.

[/ QUOTE ]

I PM'd a couple of people including you, Big_jim and MDMA. Big_jim replied saying that he is not available. I also got replies from some other people who were interested in coaching. Are you available?
Old 08-22-2007, 04:43 PM

I've decided to get a coach. I just moved up to 5/10 NL and I want someone who can help me make better decisions and apply pressure and aggression in appropriate spots. The two coaches I'm currently looking at are FoxwoodsFiend and MDMA. Who do you guys think would be the best coach of the two? Has anyone received coaching from either? If so, what were your thoughts? Thanks.
Old 08-22-2007, 09:38 PM

Hi everyone. I'm SlowHabit and I want to be your coach.

My qualification is that I’ve been playing 10/20 NL for more than a year now. Although I’m nothing special and do not have crazy theories with lots of levels like Mario, I do win. And I win based on simple deductive reasoning. I don’t have many famous poker friends online so they can’t vouch for me. But hopefully, I’ve played against some of you tilt-free so my reputation won’t be too bad.

What I will teach (aka what I think is important):

1. Image – what are others’ perception of you and how you can take advantage of it.
2. How to counter light 3bets and what are your plans for future hands.
3. Game selection/bankroll is a must.
4. How to short-stack [just kidding =].
5. Position position position.
6. The myth about VPIP/ pfr
7. The truth about TAG and its cousin LAG.

I've asked around (ok, I've asked 3 people) and starting at $200/hr seems fair. However, as a new coach, I'm willing to negotiate. PM for details.

PS. I can offer some simple finance advices if you would like.
Old 08-24-2007, 02:04 PM

I'm looking for a teacher, i have played nl400 for a short while, and would like to improve my play. Which teacher do u recommend?
Old 08-24-2007, 02:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm looking for a teacher, i have played nl400 for a short while, and would like to improve my play. Which teacher do u recommend?

[/ QUOTE ]

BldSwtTrs
Old 08-26-2007, 06:43 AM

i am planning to hire a coach. What about making some vids(1-4hours 2-3tables) to send it to the coach, that he can get an overview of my game and then doing live sessions over skype? i really have a problem to tell the coach what i am doing wrong etc. He should tell me..

How does it work in generell?
Old 08-26-2007, 06:59 AM

Imsakidd I'll hook you up with kolotoure if you coach me.
Old 08-26-2007, 06:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i am planning to hire a coach. What about making some vids(1-4hours 2-3tables) to send it to the coach, that he can get an overview of my game and then doing live sessions over skype? i really have a problem to tell the coach what i am doing wrong etc. He should tell me..

How does it work in generell?

[/ QUOTE ]

I just started getting coached by wiltontilt and so far he is great! Strongly recommend him.
Old 08-26-2007, 06:30 PM

I'm looking for coaching...PM me if interested. I'm lifetime approx 4ptbb/100 on 2/4 NL, but because of horrible patch I'm playing 1/2 atm (and skimming like 1bb/100 after nearly 30k hands lol). So yeah, desperate times 'n all that. I'm travelling at the moment so my coach would have to be very flexible. I think I'd prefer to do video analysis instead of sweat sessions. Please PM me w references if interested. thanks
Old 08-26-2007, 10:23 PM

i'm a winning TAG/solid/ABC type player who plays probably about 18-20/15 (no PT to know for sure). I'm looking to open up my game and become more of a powerhouse in order to increase my win rate. Players like CTS and others seem to have sessions that are bigger winners on avg whereas my standard winning session may be about 3-4 buyins. Winning over that is more rare. Looking to learn from a coach who has experience in making this transition in my game... or any recommendations for someone who has.