Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-23-2006, 01:06 AM

Default Missed value raise?

After having him fire into me 3 times, would you slow down on the river? Is it a missed raise, or would you say since it's heads-up it's borderline raise/call?

Paradise Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls.

Flop: (15.50 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+1 checks, MP3 checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, UTG+1 folds, MP3 folds, CO calls.

Turn: (9.75 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls.

River: (13.75 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 15.75 BB
Old 01-23-2006, 01:09 AM

Default Re: Missed value raise?

raise. he kept calling your raise on the flop and turn so i think hes just being a retard and putting you on a flush draw or something.
Old 01-23-2006, 02:48 AM

I probably raise the river. The fact that you keep raising him and he keeps leading with a bet worries me. The villians play is wierd, since he just calls your raises but leads with a bet on every street. It looks like you win this hand since he is probably reraising with anything that beats you.
Old 01-23-2006, 07:07 AM

During the hand I would be thinking that his bets on the flop and turn mean he doesn't want to give a free card for a flush draw.

Then his bet on the river means he thinks you've missed your flush and he can take the pot.

The presence of the paired threes just adds another confusing element but you've got to waste time over the board thinking about it. It's unlikely he's holding any 3 or a pair of threes - he may just possibly have got through the pre-flop action holding a pair of fours but then his betting doesn't make sense.

I'd probably be putting him on KQs, I'd be thinking about a raise, then the final beeper would be going, and I'd take the safer option and call!
Old 01-23-2006, 07:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd be thinking about a raise, then the final beeper would be going, and I'd take the safer option and call!

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too - which is exactly why my post flop aggression number is too low...
Old 01-23-2006, 08:01 AM

Whats the read on CO. Id raise him on the river.
Old 01-23-2006, 10:44 AM

I raise the river, thinking he's got a weaker K.
Old 01-23-2006, 12:25 PM

I don't understand why he didn't 3bet the turn, then bet the river.

With a set, most people will often slowplay the flop, perhaps with a bet/call, then 3bet the turn. Because he didn't 3bet the turn, and the three protects you from some crappy 2pairs I'd be inclined to raise the river, especially with a failed flush draw on the board.

I think a badly played set or a chumptastic K7 or similar are your biggest dangers here, but reads are probaly pretty important. If he's aggro then raise, if passive just call.