Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-06-2007, 11:24 AM

Default Easy fold with JJ?

this is basically a line check.

Pokerstars 2-4NL. Villain is running about 20/12 and I don't have any reads on him other than I haven't seen him do anything bad. Haven't played any big pots with him. Only been at the table for about half an hour.

6 handed, villain has 550 and hero covers.

Hero is the SB with J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Villain opens in the CO to 14.

Hero raises to 55.

Villain thinks and calls.

(110) 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Hero bets 90, Villain calls

(290) 10 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Hero checks, Villain bet 120, Hero?
Old 01-06-2007, 11:29 AM

Default Re: Easy fold with JJ?

if u are who i think u are ur a giant nit so u should fold. play more hands u nit.
Old 01-06-2007, 11:32 AM

lucky, I might be who you think I am. It's really funny that you say that because I have been running badly and have been experimenting with playing 2-4 as a super nit. Very funny that you would post that. I have been playing badly for the last month or so and have been playing uber tight. probably around 15 or 16/9. usually i'm up in the 22 to 23 range. pm me who you think I am.
Old 01-06-2007, 11:36 AM

by the way chewy. i lost a 400 dollar pot today when I 4-bet Zanjong all in pre with A 10 of spades. His KK held up.
Old 01-06-2007, 11:38 AM

If you are running bad, dont play super nitty, move down a level or play full ring instead.
Old 01-06-2007, 11:44 AM

i'm not playing super nitty post flop, just preflop. You're right about moving down hattifnatt, but I didn't do it. And I am pulling out of the slump anyways.
Old 01-06-2007, 05:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
lucky, I might be who you think I am. It's really funny that you say that because I have been running badly and have been experimenting with playing 2-4 as a super nit. Very funny that you would post that. I have been playing badly for the last month or so and have been playing uber tight. probably around 15 or 16/9. usually i'm up in the 22 to 23 range. pm me who you think I am.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't have any super nits winning at anything above 200nl 6 handed in any of my databases.
Old 01-06-2007, 08:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't have any super nits winning at anything above 200nl 6 handed in any of my databases.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I guess I'm not a super nit.
Old 01-06-2007, 02:42 PM

Thats a [censored] position if you get called on the flop and dont improve on the turn where you often have to muck hands even for a very small bet.
I think against only one PF-Raiser raise less like 40 or 45 (like somebody else stated) and already decide on the flop what you are gonna do if you going to get called (fold / AI) and therefore choose the appropriate amount for money betting on the flop (less if you think you might not be good if called / more if you gonna go to showdown).

Anyways - doesnt his bet on the turn looks really weak - like AK or AQ? I mean he has to fear that you might C/R AI, maybe he really is just trying to steal in this spot and if this not works limit his losses? I think it would be player dependent but i really had to decide if to push or fold here.
Old 01-06-2007, 03:10 PM

Your big flop bet makes this tougher. I'd probably peel.

Oh if you're a nit fold.