Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-25-2007, 03:49 PM

Default Grand Sierra Resort Fall Pot of Gold

Starts this Thursday. Here's the schedule from Cardplayer.

http://www.cardplayer.com/tournaments/event_list/1957

Anyone going? This will be the first time I attend this tourney, though I've played the Peppermill ones before. What kind of turnouts are expected? What sidegame action will be spread? Also, if anyone knows the blind structures please post them, because they aren't posted online anywhere.
Old 10-05-2007, 11:19 PM

Default Re: Grand Sierra Resort Fall Pot of Gold

Anyone in town playing the $2,600 main event tommorow? Should be a good tourney. So far the tourneys have had decent turnouts, fields between 100-300 people. Sidegames have been ok, I'm mostly a limit cash game player though, and there's been a 15-30 going a few nights but nothing higher which kind of sucks. Seems like the NL action have been good though, there's been a 5-10 game going every day.
Old 10-10-2007, 02:24 AM

They only had 85 entries for the main event, paying 9. The "Best Overall Player" certainly adds some action to this event, but the consensus was that they should somehow take the buy-in into account when calculating the points. Winning a $125 tourney with 300 runners shouldn't get more points than getting to the final table of a $2500 tourney with 100 runners.
Old 10-10-2007, 02:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
They only had 85 entries for the main event, paying 9. The "Best Overall Player" certainly adds some action to this event, but the consensus was that they should somehow take the buy-in into account when calculating the points. Winning a $125 tourney with 300 runners shouldn't get more points than getting to the final table of a $2500 tourney with 100 runners.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree 100%. Probably slightly biased because I finished 5th in "Best Overall" standings (still got $1500[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]), even after FT'ing four $225 11 AM tourneys, including winning the limit event. The problem is that the fields I FT'ed ranged from 134 entrants to 67 entrants for the very last event so I didn't accumulate that many points. I did cash in one 6 PM tourney with a field of 220, but finished 14th so I missed out on a bunch of points there. Oh and yea I finished 16th in the ME too, blah that really sucked.

Maybe we played together Renodoc, I was the young-looking swedish kid (wore a black zip-up sweater most days).
Old 10-10-2007, 03:51 AM

I donked out (and I mean very badly) in the ME about 30th. Was on crazy Lance's table along with an asian guy who got slammed with the deck.

I took down the largest tourney I think (a $125 nightly with 296 entries) but couldn't find a second final table to get a piece of the best overall money.