Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-22-2007, 01:44 AM

Default Re: AP thread 872.6 - Statement ITT

Microbob,

I'm not sure when you left, but reading the first two posts of this thread will probably bring you up to date.

In brief: AJ Green is the (as yet unnamed) fall guy but probably also the culprit. Scott Tom was probably extremely negligent but maybe complicit. The AP statement has satisfied few.
Old 10-22-2007, 01:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Microbob,

I'm not sure when you left, but reading the first two posts of this thread will probably bring you up to date.

In brief: AJ Green is the (as yet unnamed) fall guy but probably also the culprit. Scott Tom was probably extremely negligent but maybe complicit. The AP statement has satisfied few.

[/ QUOTE ]

Two things:

First, I have talked to someone in the industry very familiar with AP and they said that Scott was running AP and always will. He was not in Panama. He was at all meetings around the time of the AP and UB merger as well.

Second, there was another incident at the WSOP in 2006. AP gave away a car lease for a year as a draw and it was rigged for a friend of the employee. They (the employee and the friend) sold the car back to the dealership and split the money. I don't know what happened to the employee.

Tuco.
Old 10-22-2007, 02:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Microbob,

[/ QUOTE ]

Two things:

First, I have talked to someone in the industry very familiar with AP and they said that Scott was running AP and always will. He was not in Panama. He was at all meetings around the time of the AP and UB merger as well.

Second, there was another incident at the WSOP in 2006. AP gave away a car lease for a year as a draw and it was rigged for a friend of the employee. They (the employee and the friend sold the car back to the dealership and split the money. I don't know what happened to the employee.

Tuco.

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF these scumbags should never be allowed to hold on to other people's money. I really can't imagine the 100 other ways they [censored] their players over. They probably skimmed way more off of the BBJ
Old 10-22-2007, 02:34 AM

NLfool: I see you have mentioned the BBJ several times. I have avoided speculating on the possibility that the BBJ was rigged because I have no evidence. I just wanted to mention, in case you missed it, this article that proclaims absolute Absolute Poker "the most lucrative place to play Bad Beat Jackpot": http://www.internet-poker.co.uk/Poker-Ne...ackpot~916.html

Like I say, I don't believe this is evidence of anything at all, but it is an article basically shilling for AP that makes vague claims linking two BBJ hits in quick succession to some amorphous idea that Absolute's jackpot is 'better', even though it's structure seems identical to Party's.

My point is not that it looks dodgy, it is most likely just clever marketing siezing on the two recent hits and crafting a fallacious argument that you're more likely to win the BBJ at AP and directing it at moron degenerate losers who don't understand gambling and probability. But, as long the BBJ keeps being brought up I thought it worth mentioning.

Apart from anything, whereas this time last month I would have laughed at suggestions that a major site might rig their BBJ there is no way I would just dismiss such a possibility in the wake of all this.
Old 10-22-2007, 02:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
NLfool: I see you have mentioned the BBJ several times. I have avoided speculating on the possibility that the BBJ was rigged because I have no evidence. I just wanted to mention, in case you missed it, this article that proclaims absolute Absolute Poker "the most lucrative place to play Bad Beat Jackpot": http://www.internet-poker.co.uk/Poker-Ne...ackpot~916.html

Like I say, I don't believe this is evidence of anything at all, but it is an article basically shilling for AP that makes vague claims linking two BBJ hits in quick succession to some amorphous idea that Absolute's jackpot is 'better', even though it's structure seems identical to Party's.

My point is not that it looks dodgy, it is most likely just clever marketing siezing on the two recent hits and crafting a fallacious argument that you're more likely to win the BBJ at AP and directing it at moron degenerate losers who don't understand gambling and probability. But, as long the BBJ keeps being brought up I thought it worth mentioning.

Apart from anything, whereas this time last month I would have laughed at suggestions that a major site might rig their BBJ there is no way I would just dismiss such a possibility in the wake of all this.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've always thought the BBJ was a shame of sorts. There is no real way for the players to track this so stealing or skimming from the BBJ is 100% risk free lol. They just have to take someone's word that the X dollars that they put in is the X dollars that they get( - whatever % is advertised for administrative costs). Human nature tells me that if there is no way to be caught stealing "free" money someone is definitely going to be doing it.

Now I never thought the BBJ could be rigged to happen at a certain point but the timing of AP BBJ being hit is extremely coincidently and in light of the raffle news I am wondering if they rigged it so that an AP employee got s chuck of it (some guy with 25 posts came in and said he got a chuck of it). It just seems like if there is an opportunity to steal from the players the guys at AP jump at it.
Old 10-22-2007, 09:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Two things:

Second, there was another incident at the WSOP in 2006. AP gave away a car lease for a year as a draw and it was rigged for a friend of the employee. They (the employee and the friend) sold the car back to the dealership and split the money. I don't know what happened to the employee.

Tuco.

[/ QUOTE ]

Quoted for scuminess.
Old 10-22-2007, 09:22 AM

Dear Yahoo!:
How did the term "scott free" come about?

http://ask.yahoo.com/20060712.html

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-22-2007, 09:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Two things:

Tuco.

[/ QUOTE ]

Quoted for scuminess.

[/ QUOTE ]

How do you sell back a car that was "leased"?
Closed Thread