Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2007, 10:22 PM

Default Re: ever heard this ruling?

How do you like Hard Rock Tampa? I'm thinking about visiting there pretty soon
Old 09-13-2007, 10:53 PM

Hard Rock Tampa is great. even better when very soon they will hopefully have bigger buys ins on the nl games than just $100.
Old 09-14-2007, 01:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I've never seen a misdeal called on account of two boxed cards discovered so late in the hand. I have seen one floor kinda breakin' a sweat over what to do in such a situation tho... They didn't declare a misdeal, treated as scaps of paper. I'm not sure if there's an "official" rule - but there might be. Either way it's so uncommon I wouldn't have a problem with a floor who went either way on the matter. Someone less lazy than me could perhaps see what robert's rules say, that's a good starting point for a reference.

Al

[/ QUOTE ]

This situation is the only time I have ever asked for the supervisor while playing. The floor started to treat multiple boxed cards as scraps of paper (there were like 5 of them in a row after the flop was dealt). The supervisor correctly over ruled the floor and made it a misdeal.
Old 09-14-2007, 01:37 PM

So I feel like an idiot, but I got to know what you are talking about. Is this a result of shuffling the cards with some of them face up? How does this happen?
Old 09-14-2007, 01:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So I feel like an idiot, but I got to know what you are talking about. Is this a result of shuffling the cards with some of them face up? How does this happen?

[/ QUOTE ]

The most likely cause is some of the cards are shuffled face up. This is much easier to do than it sounds because the dealer is calling for blinds etc while shuffling.