Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-17-2007, 11:38 PM

Default Re: Cash Poker

[ QUOTE ]
first,clonie shouldn't be allowed near the table without makeup.

second, vanessa said after calling that she thought she was ahead all the time because she didn't think clonie put her on having an ace the way she played the hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

the hell did vanessa think clonie put her on? i dont' mind that call on the turn as she was in position and then can re-evaluate the river. but then clonie rams it all in (which I have no idea if it's a value bet or a bluff, actually it's a GOOD all in for the hand vanessa had), but then vanessa decides to call it! maybe beating a bluff? what did she think clonie was peeling the river with? would she push all in with something like AQ or something? i really think vanessa was like oh i have 2 pair gotta call!!
Old 02-28-2007, 04:23 PM

Why the hell Thaler just called with QQQKK there?
Was he hoping for an overcall or did he really think other fuy had a better boat?
How do you not c/r allin there?
Old 02-28-2007, 04:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why the hell Thaler just called with QQQKK there?
Was he hoping for an overcall or did he really think other fuy had a better boat?
How do you not c/r allin there?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because he is a really good cash game player and not a random tournament donk.
Old 02-28-2007, 05:02 PM

So, if you are a really good cash game player, you just call with QQ on KKQxx board?
Old 02-28-2007, 05:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So, if you are a really good cash game player, you just call with QQ on KKQxx board?

[/ QUOTE ]

Considering stack sizes and how the hand was played a check/call is not as bad as you might think.
Old 02-28-2007, 06:20 PM

i can't remember the stack sizes.
it seemed that gabe wished he had raised when the hand was over..... i think the reason for this is that it would kind of look like he was on a bluff if he check-raised there
(raised into limpers pre-flop, bet into two others on flop and turn. the fact that the draw-heavy flop and turn weren't raised means that his opponents were unlikely to have a set or two pair. if gabe had been bluffing the whole way, he might have tried a check-raise bluff on the river if he thought his opponents would need a boat to call him).
so, i think the fact that a raise would look like a bluff is the main case for it. although two pair for matt was unlikely (given a king-low-low flop), i think it was much more likely than a set given the way the action went down. gabe just called b/c of the possibility that matt's two pair had turned into kings full when the river king hit.
ba
Old 02-28-2007, 06:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
gabe just called b/c of the possibility that matt's two pair had turned into kings full when the river king hit.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but he had to call preflop with really retarded bs like Krag and never to raise flop/turn even though there were obvious draws there.
He outdrew all the sets on the turn and on the river he only realistically is beat by quads.
Especially cause the river c/r might look like a bluff, i like that move, cause he might payed off light by trip kings with med kicker.
I hate that call and it makes all his previous laydowns look exactly as they apparently were - playing scared poker, not brilliant read.
Did you get the impression he was playing too high?
Also, were you playing too high or is this your usual stakes?

And what do you think about the retarded idea to bring internet qualifiers?
Obviously, those guys never played for this kind of money, so they just sit there and wait for AA/KK/AKs to raise, playung ultrascared poker.
I like that idea in tourney with escalating blinds, in cash game it's horrible, IMO.

Also, where is the second commentator?First episodes were decent because of Action Dan, now it's just some guy narrating "Robert calls with King Jacks of spades".
Really poor production, HSP is much much better in that sense...
Old 02-28-2007, 07:14 PM

Did anyone else notice Matusow and Clowie getting the sniffles every now and then? Full Tilt Coker...
Old 02-28-2007, 07:42 PM

i agree with you that it was unlikely that he was up against two pair. arguably, it was even more unlikely that he was up against a set.

gabe's one of the best HSNL players in the world. i'd say that, on the day he played (the dec 20 filming), he was the second best player (barry greenstein was the best).

I honestly can't think of anyone among the young set (under 30) that's a better live cash no-limit player than Gabe on a consistent basis. I think Gabe is 34 or 35.
Old 03-01-2007, 02:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Did anyone else notice Matusow and Clowie getting the sniffles every now and then? Full Tilt Coker...

[/ QUOTE ]

LMAO. I'm pretty cynical but noticed this as well. Nice to see someone else mention it. She looked like she crashed a bit earlier though.