Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-19-2006, 10:09 AM

Default Re: HSP, 7/17

[ QUOTE ]
Mike was sure that Daniel didn't have the flush because of Daniel's comment about the J of hearts before the river. (I couldn't believe it when I heard Daniel yapping away about the J hearts... talk about giving info away). If Daniel was really on the heart draw he wouldn't be talking about it. So when the heart fell, Mike decided Daniel was going to bluff the flush and he would check/call him. If it had been any other heart... Daniel bluffs, Mike calls with T2 and tells Daniel how bad he is...

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you factor in that Mike should have been thinking that some hearts were more dangerous than others?
Old 07-19-2006, 10:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I didn't understand the hand where DN flopped the wheel and was raised by Jenn who then hit the nuts on the turn. DN folded to her smallish bet on the turn which seemed a bit odd. Is DN that great of a player?, maybe, but that hand made me believe something else was going on. Aren't the two good friends?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think they're very good friends. I also think that had a lot to do with it. But not in a cheating way. Just that he doesn't want to tangle with her unless he has the nuts.

IMHO, If he had the nuts he would've raised her back big and then she would have known.

IIRC there was also a flush draw out there. So even if she didn't have him totally dominated there were hands she could have had where there were like 53 outs [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-19-2006, 10:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
B) I have seen Jen plays in person exactly twice in my life, both time she was drinking a beer (once in Vegas in a cash game, 2nd during the PCA). She was constantly holding a beer in the Lobby and in the Airport at the Bahams. Unless it's the same bottle, she drinks reguarly and maybe heavily for a person her size.

[/ QUOTE ]

Rich, incredibly successful and something I love to do, cute, likes to drink beer but doesn't have a weight problem, jeez I hate Marco!
Old 07-19-2006, 12:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
yeah i agree, although he can sometimes be cheesy gabe kaplan is generally much funnier than norman chad.

[/ QUOTE ]

I find it difficult to believe that anyone finds Norman Chad funny. Pathetic would be a more apt description of him.
Old 07-19-2006, 12:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Not to be a jackass or anything, but everyone is saying Jen is amazing at changing gears in NL, but it was kinda obvious her loose-aggressive play was largely affected by the beer.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah. That's SO obvious.
Old 07-19-2006, 12:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wtf is wrong with ya guys?

A) The shot at Sexton was a shot Gabe made on himself. He reffered to himself as an old poker player turning into a broadcaster, and mentioned Sexton instead of himself to finish off that gag. Are you guys that off on your sarcasm meter?

B) I have seen Jen plays in person exactly twice in my life, both time she was drinking a beer (once in Vegas in a cash game, 2nd during the PCA). She was constantly holding a beer in the Lobby and in the Airport at the Bahams. Unless it's the same bottle, she drinks reguarly and maybe heavily for a person her size.

[/ QUOTE ]

A: Obvious. Some people here just don't understand sarcasm and wit.

B: Whether or not she drinks is open to speculation. Just becuase you saw her with a beer bottle doesn't mean it contained beer. She could have had it filled with apple juice and just wanted to present an image. I don't know her personally but as a fellow kidney transplant recipient I would be surprised if she was a heavy drinker. Alchohol and antirejection meds we have to take are a bad combination. A couple of drink a night is one thing but "heavy" drinker. I doubt it. At least I hope she isn't.
Old 07-19-2006, 12:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
B: Whether or not she drinks is open to speculation. Just becuase you saw her with a beer bottle doesn't mean it contained beer. She could have had it filled with apple juice and just wanted to present an image. I don't know her personally but as a fellow kidney transplant recipient I would be surprised if she was a heavy drinker. Alchohol and antirejection meds we have to take are a bad combination. A couple of drink a night is one thing but "heavy" drinker. I doubt it. At least I hope she isn't.

[/ QUOTE ]

I find that hard to believe, since on at least one of those events I was standing in line with her while she bought the beers and had a semi-witty 15 seconds discussion about the beer prices in that poker room.

That being said, a beer here and there doesn't qualify as a heavy drinker, I agree. Just that everytime I saw her she had a beer when at least once I can gurantee it was filled with beer as well [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]. I cannot say about her regular habits, that is for sure.
Old 07-19-2006, 12:57 PM

That's funny because if I'm not mistaken Mike Sexton won the 2006 WSOP Tournament of Champions.
Old 07-19-2006, 01:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
That's funny because if I'm not mistaken Mike Sexton won the 2006 WSOP Tournament of Champions.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you seriously still not getting the joke?
Old 07-19-2006, 01:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If he hit anything he probably either value bets or thinks about it for a bit). Brunson's push was similar.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, but it depends what level they were both on. I'm sure Daniel and Todd have played together enough that these situations have come up, and maybe Todd does push with AA-KK there. Daniel was clearly worried that's what he had.

Also, nobody has suggested an alternate line for Brunson. Is he supposed to check-fold every time he misses the flop (which will be most of the time) and give away a $50K pot? The real issue is obviously position. And he can't put Daniel firmly on a queen. I disagree that DN calls here with pocket tens or nines btw.

As long as Todd routinely shoves with AA-QQ also, I think his push wasn't too awful.