Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Limit-->NL
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-03-2007, 09:37 PM

Default KK from the BB

i've been running pretty horribly and most of the table is aware of this. as of late, however, i'm pretty much back to even for the session.

me-$470
LAG-$750

2/5 live

LAGgy asian guy(i've seen him raise A4o UTG, etc.) who's up a couple racks limps in EP, two more unknown limpers to me in the BB and i make it $40 straight with K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. LAG calls, limpers call.

Flop($162ish): A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

i bet $120, asian raises it to $250 straight, limpers fold, i think for a second and shove.

anything to discuss? how should i have played it?
Old 08-03-2007, 11:40 PM

Default Re: KK from the BB

spew. why did you shove? nothing calls but an ace there. mabye KQ
Old 08-03-2007, 11:42 PM

if you think your ahead call and push non q j 10 turn. its a horrible line but you sacrafice so much equity with your shove flop line if your read is right.......
Old 08-04-2007, 12:04 AM

would you feel the same if i told you that there was a very reasonable chance he thinks i might be tilting and therefore this guy could instacall if he holds a queen, a gutshot/overcard combo or possibly a decent(55+) pp.

does that change anything? don't get me wrong, i want you guys to set me straight.
Old 08-04-2007, 12:14 AM

it changes a litttle but is he the type of player that will fire another large bet on any turn? i think his read on you is gonna be better than your read on him just given the fact that we will only be calling the r/r to 250......plus if a bad turn like J falls your line turns into a bluff if thats when you were gonna get it in. i know its harder to fold there with 2 As on flop than 1 but that doesnt shrink his range.
Old 08-04-2007, 03:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
if you think your ahead call and push non q j 10 turn. its a horrible line but you sacrafice so much equity with your shove flop line if your read is right.......

[/ QUOTE ]

I get why a Q is a bad turn, but why is a J or T so bad? The only hands those are gunna help are the gutshots that we hold 2 stopper cards to
Old 08-04-2007, 08:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
it changes a litttle but is he the type of player that will fire another large bet on any turn? i think his read on you is gonna be better than your read on him just given the fact that we will only be calling the r/r to 250......plus if a bad turn like J falls your line turns into a bluff if thats when you were gonna get it in. i know its harder to fold there with 2 As on flop than 1 but that doesnt shrink his range.

[/ QUOTE ]

you don't think red lights won't start going off when i only call in this spot? when i shove it's only 180.00 more to him in a 660ish pot. if i call, i'm afraid he's shutting down UI unless he has an ace.
Old 08-04-2007, 12:31 PM

Why not check the flop? From your description it seems safe to assume he will bet a wide range if he's checked to and you are going to be ahead of a significant portion of that range.
Old 08-04-2007, 02:04 PM

looks good
Old 08-04-2007, 02:24 PM

James.

your line makes sense if you think he will fold weak aces there. he does not sound like the type to fold weak aces there. so, as described i would lead the flop for like $50 or check it. once raised take your time and call. point is to induce big bluffs and maybe get him to slow down if he has an ace. then check turn and river. that way you induce him to change his range in your favor: he adds a ton of bluff hands, is more likely to semibluff, and may even bet a Q not realizing you have KK.

of course you have to lay the hand down often, but here against a bluffy opponent (if that's what he is) your global strategy should profit.