Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-29-2007, 10:50 PM

Default Hours of play..

Every magazine or books you read prime playing time starts past 5pm till the next morning. Mainly because this is the time people are getting off work and probably tired, while you're starting fresh. Has anyone had experience playing at all different hours? How much does win rate change as if you were a good player playing from 5pm to 5am as opposed to players playing from 5am till 5pm?? Any ideas? Do you think there is a different time range as opposed to live and online? When do you find it's the best time to play in what limits?
Old 07-29-2007, 10:56 PM

Default Re: Hours of play..

my .02...I understnad what "they" say on why to play late. Like 3am to 9am b/c everyone still playing is super tired/drunk/trying to get unstuck etc...

Problem is you can never regularly find a live game at that time. For example, in vegas the bellagio (busiest poker room) starts to dry up at around 2:30am and only has one table of X game going until about lunch time when everyone else starts playing again (minus the super high staeks games where degens never leave the table but I'm speaking of $500NL/1KNL/15-30 LHE up to 40-80LHE)

From lunch to maybe night the play you will find more solid b/c poeple are awake and sober but once evening rolls around like 6-8pm games are usually the best until about 1am when people to start to file out.

ok hop that felps
Old 07-30-2007, 01:21 AM

Default Re: Hours of play..

If you're any good, you will be able to find a good game at most times. I've played a lot over the summer at various times, and I've played 4-handed 20/40 at 6AM and it was one of the most difficult games, and I've played 5/10 kill at 12 noon on a tuesday, and it was super soft. Just play solid poker, leave if you're tired or not playing your best game. There is something to getting to the poker room at 3AM fresh when everyone is tired, though.

Just consider when there are the most soft spots, and it will be during the weekend, and it'll be between the hours of 9PM - 5AM, if you ask me.