BB is 46/6/0.6 in 50 hands

Titan Poker 0.05/0.10, hand converted by the iPoker Converter at Talking-Poker

saw flop | <font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

Button Hero ($10.00)
SB ($15.21)
BB <font color="#C00000">BB ($10.77)</font>
UTG ($9.99)
UTG+1 ($11.66)

Preflop: Hero is on the Button with A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
2 folds, Hero raises to 0.40, 1 fold, BB calls 0.30.

Flop (0.85) T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
BB checks, Hero checks.

Turn (0.85) A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
BB bets 0.80, Hero calls 0.80.

River (2.45) 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
BB bets 3.00, 1 fold
Old 11-13-2007, 09:37 AM

Default Re: NL10 How did I play this one?

CBET the flop and be careful on the turn.

If you called the turn what did the 6 change that made you not want to call the river? If nothing then you shouldnt call that turn.

What more cbet the flopp... you will take it down enough but remember to be carefull on later streets if he calls.
Old 11-13-2007, 09:45 AM

I didn't c-bet because that flop hit so many hands that loose players will call pf with i.e. AJ, A10, KQ, KJ, K10, QJ, Q10 etc. I called the turn because I thought he might think a worse A is good.

I folded river because I doubt someone with that low af would bet again with a worse hand
Old 11-13-2007, 09:53 AM

i like c-betting this flop.it is very unlikely that villain has improved his hand with this flop, so with a c-bet we usually take the pot.
the way this hand was played i call the turn bet and fold to his river overbet and don't think about it much.he has such a low aggresion factor that i don't see him have anything less than trips.
Old 11-13-2007, 10:00 AM

I would definitely c-bet this flop unless you have some specific reason not to. He is calling pre-flop with plenty of hands he can't continue with, having the Ad makes it less likely he has a very strong combo-draw or the like.

I know when villain bets the turn, your first reaction is that he must have something because he's not aggressive at all, but I've noticed lately a few players with similar stats that were paying attention enough to notice that I was c-betting flops and then giving up (If I did it a few times in a short time) and would adjust by taking these kinds of lines against me (floating c-bets, then betting oop on turn, or betting the turn after a checked flop). You don't mention any history or reads, so maybe that's not the case here, but I think it's something to be aware of, and since I was just thinking about it I'm tossing it in this post: Be careful to not just follow stats blindly, pay attention the flow of the game, sometimes even the 40/6/.75 is actually adjusting to you.

As played, it is possible he is betting an underpair or even a worse ace which he thinks is good after your check so I put in a small raise to about 2.25 and most likely give up to further aggression. If he calls and checks the river I will check behind most blanks. The reason I like raising the turn rather than calling is just because against a villain with this AF most of the time I'd rather have the betting lead since he will often let me set the price and I want to get to showdown with this hand. Raising the turn telegraphs my hand quite a bit but even given what I said about adjustments I don't think he'll 3-bet lightly, so I can safely fold to a reraise.

As played, it looks a lot like a T trying to get value from an ace so I think I fold the river to such a large bet. I would probably call a 1/2 pot bet, although I wouldn't be super happy, and I'd check behind a check.
Old 11-13-2007, 10:20 AM

if villain plays loose pre-flop he calls with the hands you have mention plus Axs,SC,suited one gappers,pocket pairs and maybe other suited hands such as K8s+/Q8s+.