Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2007, 12:48 PM

Default Re: AKo .5/1 Scary multiway board.

This hand sucks. But not the way you played it, even though it makes us look pretty stupid.
Old 11-15-2007, 02:38 PM

CO was being an absolute moron this hand and had K9. BB had AhKh and free rolled me on the turn. I think the river fold was really bad in retrospect, because the pot was laying me 16.5 to 1 and by not capping that flop, my hand was probably a little underrepped.

Also, I think the straight was super unlikely, since no one would have the AJ , especially because I had the Ad in my hand.

I just have trouble being stuck between two aggressive players.
Old 11-15-2007, 02:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
CO was being an absolute moron this hand and had K9. BB had AhKh and free rolled me on the turn. I think the river fold was really bad in retrospect, because the pot was laying me 16.5 to 1 and by not capping that flop, my hand was probably a little underrepped.

Also, I think the straight was super unlikely, since no one would have the AJ , especially because I had the Ad in my hand.

I just have trouble being stuck between two aggressive players.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow CO is more of a maniac than the PT stats led me to believe. Did you thank him for costing you 8BBs?
Old 11-15-2007, 03:15 PM

"grouch"

Played well tell the River fold, i say with 15bb it is worth the call.
Old 11-15-2007, 05:28 PM

In SSHE Ed says in large pots where you are getting 11-1 or better do not fold for one bet even if your hand can only beat a bluff. This hand perfectly illustrates his point.
Old 11-15-2007, 05:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In SSHE Ed says in large pots where you are getting 11-1 or better do not fold for one bet even if your hand can only beat a bluff. This hand perfectly illustrates his point.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure that's not what he said.
Old 11-15-2007, 06:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, what? Can you quote the page number, please? I guess, my b/f has been wrong all this time. [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
Old 11-15-2007, 06:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm going bozlax on this one. Yes, Ed does talk about not folding big hands for one bet on the river. But you need to do some better reading for context and start thinking about what he is really saying, otherwise you wouldn't make such a silly comment about this hand perfectly illustrating the point.

OP is NOT folding the hand for one bet on the river closing the action. If he were closing the action I'm sure OP would have made the crying call, in which case he would be following Ed's advice and he would be perfectly justified to do so for a lot of reasons. This is something entirely different. CO has been going nuts and has yet to act behind OP. He may very well raise, and then the more conservative BB might just raise him back, thereby causing OP to pay not one but two or three bets to see the showdown which he is not even 10% likely to win. According to the behavior being displayed by the opponents on previous streets they already were implying they could beat TPTK and the river filled in the flush in case one of the other opponents was a moron and relying on that.

No, the river fold is fine, even in this large pot.

LATE NOTE: Bella, in SSHE check out the river play section entitled "Playing the River When the Pot Is Big". The quote that is being misused here is "Even if you are almost sure that you are beaten, when the pot is large on the river, do not fold decent hands for one bet." He then proceeds to explain why this makes sense for a number of reasons, but none of them include sticking your neck out when you have people yet to act behind you that are very likely to raise. In the example he does give where he suggests calling while people are yet to act behind he specifically describes them as calling stations.
Old 11-15-2007, 06:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]

LATE NOTE: Bella, in SSHE check out the river play section entitled "Playing the River When the Pot Is Big". The quote that is being misused here is "Even if you are almost sure that you are beaten, when the pot is large on the river, do not fold decent hands for one bet." He then proceeds to explain why this makes sense for a number of reasons, but none of them include sticking your neck out when you have people yet to act behind you that are very likely to raise. In the example he does give where he suggests calling while people are yet to act behind he specifically describes them as calling stations.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess I'm cranky from the lack of sleep. I know where the quote is located and wanted Blzdwrath to explain his incorrect reasoning. But then you went ahead and ruined it by explaining it yourself. LOL. Thx Origami [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

(I am not really contending that you "ruined it", your answer was excellent as the other warning on stats were, too).
Old 11-15-2007, 07:19 PM

Sorry Bella, my level-meter must have been broken today. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

My main regret is that I'm not as entertaining as other forumites when berating somebody.