Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-18-2007, 06:17 PM

Default Re: PokerStars flashing action

I have never had a problem with the flashing action on players turns...

however, i wonder if i would like it better if there was a different color for the player's turn instead.

how does it work on fulltilt? i haven't played on other sites since last year.
Old 09-18-2007, 06:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Yes, but does anyone have a fix for this?

[/ QUOTE ]

I am sure this can be fixed by creating an xtheme - Stars software is really quite flexible in this regard.

BigBiceps (or whomever else wants to) - post a couple screenshots of flashing on / off so I can see exactly what you want rid of, Ill give it a go [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Alternatively, you may find solutions already present in the Stars Themes thread in the Software forum.

dave.
Old 09-18-2007, 07:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The player's seat stays lit up so you can immediately see whose turn it is when you look over to a given table. There is no need for it to flash on and off as it does at Stars. There is also no need for it to momentarily flash the action over the name of the player who just acted (such as "CHECK") so that you can't see who just checked. I am surprised they haven't changed these "features" yet after years of running. I know it's simple, but that just means it's simple to change.
Old 09-18-2007, 10:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The player's seat stays lit up so you can immediately see whose turn it is when you look over to a given table. There is no need for it to flash on and off as it does at Stars. There is also no need for it to momentarily flash the action over the name of the player who just acted (such as "CHECK") so that you can't see who just checked. I am surprised they haven't changed these "features" yet after years of running. I know it's simple, but that just means it's simple to change.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummmm.... Stars doesn't do that, except on one specific theme (No Images). In all other themes, only the player image circle is obscured by the action identifiers, while the player name and stake isn't covered. The solution is obvious and has already been provided by PokerStars -- use a different theme.

Jester
Old 09-19-2007, 01:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummmm.... Stars doesn't do that, except on one specific theme (No Images). In all other themes, only the player image circle is obscured by the action identifiers, while the player name and stake isn't covered. The solution is obvious and has already been provided by PokerStars -- use a different theme.

Jester

[/ QUOTE ]

You were referring to the name of the player being covered up by their actions, and you're right. Sorry about that memory lapse. still, the action stays up for too long, in my opinion. A player out of position can bet while the action of the player in position still says "call" from the previous round of betting. That's confusing.

My other points still stand, obviously.
Old 09-19-2007, 04:06 PM

/agree that there should be an option to disable flashing

When I had to pick a new site to play on after the UIGEA I chose FTP for this very reason. I'd like to give stars a try but the UI just gives me a headache.
Old 09-19-2007, 04:24 PM

i clicked on this thread hoping to see a naked Lee Jones
Old 09-19-2007, 08:53 PM

I too am very annoyed by the flashing!! When I first started playing stars I spent a lot of time trying to clean up the visual diarrhea.

I only play Stars cuz their single table sng's have a decent structure and no 5 min. break at the hour mark.

I definitely prefer FTP's method of displaying the action.