Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-18-2007, 02:29 PM

Default World Famous Miles City Jaycee Bucking Horse Sale

The Bucking Horse Sale that takes place in Miles City, Montana has been going on since 1914. Come to find out that my great grandfater was one of the founders of the BHS. They have it every 3rd weekend in May. They kicked it off last night with a concert by the Bellamy Brothers. I didn't attend that, but pre-gamed at a friends house and then went up to the bars.

It was rumored that this weekend set a world record for most alcohol consumed per capita in a single weekend. I've help contribute to that for several years now. I'm 20, so this is the last year I have to worry about getting an MIP.

Starting Friday(tonite), they will close of main street and allow alcohol to be on the streets, you can't get an open container fine unless you go outside the gates.

Last night after leaving the bars, my friend and I, grabbed a beer for the road. As we were crossing the street a cop was driving by, I set my beer down behind a pickup and my friend just dropped his behind the pickup. Well, the cops saw us and stopped us. There was two of them, one was on the radio and the other one got out and told us to wait there as he went and got our cans. I looked at my friend and said "What should we do," as I looked to my left and the two feet under me. But, I we stayed and weathered out the storm. They asked for our names and age, I told them my name and that I was 20, my friend told them his name and that he was 21. They said it being Thursday night and all that they'd let us go, thank goodness.

cliff notes:
BHS: World Record for alcohol consumed per capita
Grandfather one of the founders
Almost got MIP and open container on first night

Anyone want a trip report w/ pics?
Old 05-31-2007, 04:32 PM

Default Re: World Famous Miles City Jaycee Bucking Horse Sale

just too fascinating not to bump!