Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: My Sharkscope stats are off by:
Results, please 5 8.20%
0 % 35 57.38%
1-3 % 13 21.31%
4-6 % 2 3.28%
> 6 % 6 9.84%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2007, 03:09 PM

Default Re: We haven\'t won yet: latest (10/19) cliff\'s notes on AP scandal

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Dont you guys think that after absolute poker lanch "absolute 8.0" that all of the scam started?

[/ QUOTE ]

no, it started before, read the thread while you're banned for a day for not reading the thread

[/ QUOTE ]
[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Do you think Absolute could have stonewalled this without the extra info sent out in the document? (IPs emails and everybody's cards) Just wondering, plz don't ban me [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes

[ QUOTE ]
Crippling / exposing / taking out AP is not bad for online poker. Letting them get away with it is bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, because letting them get away with it just reinforces the ridiculous idea of "in online poker, the best cheater wins". the ENTIRE truth must come out, AP must not survive from this. i've never played on AP, but if i did i'd quit and never play again. i realize for some there's a lot of money to made on the site, but to play on AP after this to me is unacceptable. if AP lives, anyone who still plays on it would just be supporting a corrupt site and not caring about the integrity of the industry.

[ QUOTE ]
Do you think Absolute could have stonewalled this without the extra info sent out in the document? (IPs emails and everybody's cards) Just wondering, plz don't ban me

[/ QUOTE ]

they did.
Old 10-20-2007, 03:10 PM

Anyone want to contact his fellow alumnist:

personal info edited

seriously are you people going insane or what
Old 10-20-2007, 03:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Do you think Absolute could have stonewalled this without the extra info sent out in the document? (IPs emails and everybody's cards) Just wondering, plz don't ban me

[/ QUOTE ]

they did.

[/ QUOTE ]

with that said, I think a second cheating scandal, whether now or a decade from now, will be a whole lot harder to stonewall than this one was.
Old 10-20-2007, 03:11 PM

This page: http://www.umsae.net/alumni/year/alumni9599.htm

Refers to the guy at the middle of all this as Philip Tom Scott. And yet we keep referring to him as "Scott Tom". Perhaps might we have more success tracking this guy down (or finding pics) if we start googling with his real name? It would not be surprising if this guy changed his name when he got involved in the murky world of internet poker; after all Allan Grimald switched to AJ Green...

Just to keep everyone on the same page, is the Philip Tom Scott from that SAE web page the same "Scott Tom" referenced in these threads? I'm confused now myself...
Old 10-20-2007, 03:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Dont you guys think that after absolute poker lanch "absolute 8.0" that all of the scam started?

[/ QUOTE ]

no, it started before, read the thread while you're banned for a day for not reading the thread

[/ QUOTE ]

TY Adanthar, there are way too many people clogging up the threads with questions/ideas/conspiracies that were answered days ago. I know that there is a ton of info to sift through, but at least read the cliff notes out of respect to the people who spent an incredible amount of time on this issue gathering the information, instead of taking up more of their time telling you that things have been covered/banning you.
Old 10-20-2007, 03:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Refers to the guy at the middle of all this as Philip Tom Scott. And yet we keep referring to him as "Scott Tom". Perhaps might we have more success tracking this guy down (or finding pics) if we start googling with his real name? It would not be surprising if this guy changed his name when he got involved in the murky world of internet poker; after all Allan Grimald switched to AJ Green...

Just to keep everyone on the same page, is the Philip Tom Scott from that SAE web page the same "Scott Tom" referenced in these threads? I'm confused now myself...

[/ QUOTE ]
No, the column headings are screwed up, Mr bot sleuth. Look at the other names. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] The name is Scott Philip Tom
Old 10-20-2007, 03:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you've just misread it, his first name is Scott, and his middle name is Phillip.(Presumably named after his father Phillip who helped bankroll AP in the beginning.)
Old 10-20-2007, 03:16 PM

Tedddy,

those columns are mislabled. They should read First, Middle, Last.
Closed Thread