Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Ohio St 11-0
1 38 90.48%
2 2 4.76%
3 0 0%
4 0 0%
5 0 0%
6 0 0%
7 0 0%
8 0 0%
9 0 0%
10 2 4.76%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-07-2007, 11:30 AM

Default Re: High Stakes Poker thread (11/5 - 500k buyin - Spoilers expected)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
How does antonio guess so well what other people have?

[/ QUOTE ]

They edit out the twenty+ times he is wrong?

[/ QUOTE ]

Where do you get your ideas?
Old 11-07-2007, 11:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
BTW I don't think reverse implied odds really apply here; Doyle is in position. But I'm not strong enough in Game Theory to figure it all out if Jamie bluffs an optimal proportion on the river. That said if he doesn't bluff (as some of you claimed that we get stacked against higher flushes and win a small pot against bluffs) enough then it's a call turn, fold river - and that is not a RIO situation. Likewise (as is more accurate) his river range is more shifted to bluffs (as he doesn't VB enough) it's a call turn call river situation aagain not a RIO situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you're right that reverse implied odds don't really apply here, because Doyle is going with his read, which suggests Jamie is strong, or at least percieves himself to be.

So whilst Doyle will only win a small pot here if he's in front significantly, I think he has simply decided that he isn't in front significantly, so it's a moot point. Jamie's high strength tells and monster raise have convinced Doyle that Jamie is holding a stronger hand than himself. Yes, I think that Doyle obviously didn't totally discount the possiblity of Jamie holding the 9 high (maybe 7 high flush but I doubt it), but not only is it more likely for Jamie to have the higher flush based on combinations, but also due to the tells his is displaying.

Reverse implied odds do come into a bit if we include the possiblity of Jamie actually getting away from the nine high flush (or the seven, if we're including it in his range) if he is called on the turn. While we can debate whether or not Jamie would have been able to check/fold the nine high flush if called on the turn, I honestly think he would do it with the seven high.

Then again as I said, I don't think he's raising $100,000 to an overbet from Doyle with a seven high flush. I'm honestly surprised he did it with the 9 high flush and think it was on the edge of his range to make the bet with.
Old 11-07-2007, 11:58 AM

My feelings on the HSP season so far.

1. This is my favorite poker show on tv. After being immmersed with poker crap lately on espn, it is so nice to get too see this show, where the show people taking down flops with small bets and not just showing coolers all day.

2. I think Gabe and Benza do a nice job and I personally find them funny. But then again after Norman Chad, I find my fat ugly moron boss hilarious.

3. What is going on with Jamie Gold? We know he had to shop 6 mill to his friend and pay taxes. Lets be generous and say he got to keep 4.5 million after all expenses and probably some debt. WTF is he doing playing for 500k?????
I mean we know he goes all in next episode so he could potentially lose 1/7th of his WSOP winnings on one hand. We know that no one is gonna stake him, so its all his cash.
Where are his friends to help ground him to reality?
He turned me off so much with his behavior, but its kinda sad to him show no financial intelligence whatsover.
Also, I couldn't help but feel sorry for him listening to the table chatter. Best Bluffer in the world? Trying to ingratiate himself with the other players, who seem to be humoring him so he enjoys himself and doesnt leave the game. Barry has made a few comments that seem appreciative of Jaime's gamble, that simultaneously stroke Jaime's ego and encourage him to continue playing like an ass.
Floating Degeneyamine with no pair/draw in a deep stack game and then not following through on the turn made no sense. Man, this guy needs a friend.

4. Its interesting to watch these big players playing slightly over their head. I know I do this all the time, and would probably have folded just like doyle, b/c I was playing with scared money and would not want to call Jamies huge river bet/allin on the river with the thrid best flush. However, what could Doyle have been putting him on? He read Jaime correct for strength, as we all saw Jaime thought he had the nuts, lol. I would have to imagine Doyle is one of the few who could take the 500k hit. Maybe hes getting older and less aggressive, but against Jaime or Sammy it seems like an easy c/c or r/r.

5. Geeee Lamberte or whatever is a gay french guy.

6. Does anyone know if other players will be rotated in? I think Phil Galfond or whatever his name is, is lucky he was bumped from this game. I think he wouldnt have been able to play comfortably with the combination of stakes, cameras, etc.

7. Cant wait for next week. Trailers always lie, so do not assume that PA snap calls Jaime's all in.
Old 11-07-2007, 12:23 PM

Anyone have a hand history or video link for the Brunson v. Gold hand?
Old 11-07-2007, 12:35 PM

"What is going on with Jamie Gold? We know he had to shop 6 mill to his friend and pay taxes. Lets be generous and say he got to keep 4.5 million after all expenses and probably some debt. WTF is he doing playing for 500k?????"

Pretty sure he was already a millionaire before he won 2006. It probably was under 6 million that he shipped to his friend too.
Old 11-07-2007, 12:59 PM

How are you pretty sure he was a millionare before his win?
Old 11-07-2007, 12:59 PM

after 30+ pages of Doyle vs. Gold blahblahblah

2nd best line of the episode:
Gabe: I always have a tuxedo in my car. I work a lot of supermarket openings...

best line of the episode:
Benyamine: I'm gonna make the smallest bluff I've ever made. And I'm gonna show it. It's gonna be so small, that bet, it's gonna be unreal.

72o!
Old 11-07-2007, 01:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
3. What is going on with Jamie Gold? We know he had to shop 6 mill to his friend and pay taxes. Lets be generous and say he got to keep 4.5 million after all expenses and probably some debt. WTF is he doing playing for 500k?????
I mean we know he goes all in next episode so he could potentially lose 1/7th of his WSOP winnings on one hand. We know that no one is gonna stake him, so its all his cash.
Where are his friends to help ground him to reality?
He turned me off so much with his behavior, but its kinda sad to him show no financial intelligence whatsover.
Also, I couldn't help but feel sorry for him listening to the table chatter. Best Bluffer in the world? Trying to ingratiate himself with the other players, who seem to be humoring him so he enjoys himself and doesnt leave the game. Barry has made a few comments that seem appreciative of Jaime's gamble, that simultaneously stroke Jaime's ego and encourage him to continue playing like an ass.
Floating Degeneyamine with no pair/draw in a deep stack game and then not following through on the turn made no sense. Man, this guy needs a friend.

[/ QUOTE ]

As said, Jamie was pretty well off before the WSOP win. How many million he had, we don't know. Also, even if his WSOP do constitute most of his networth, he's not the only one at the table playing in a game they shouldn't be playing in.
Old 11-07-2007, 01:50 PM

I just hope that I call by Patrik Antonius means, J.Gold is done! I want to see him leaving the table empty handed. He is retard, and I hope he never gets any Tv time ever again. WFT best bluffer ever, last bluff in this type of games can your LAST bluff, so keep up the good work Jamie!
Old 11-07-2007, 02:13 PM

How stupid can people be. Winning $6M (after giving 50% away and whatever taxes) does not make your net worth 6M.

People don't sprout up from the ground worth nothing having zero money. He won 6M, plus his massive salary dealing with movie stars for his career. I doubt he's going to be brassic anytime soon.

I've no doubt he's being sponsored and will have had a piece of him bought.

I've never seen a thread with so much bitterness and jealousy, except maybe last weeks HSP thread

[img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]