Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-28-2007, 07:52 AM

Default Screen layout for multiple tables?

I'm sure this question has been posted before, but I couldn't find it. Link?

How do you single screen players layout your games when you multi-table? I'm trying to get comfortable...
Old 09-28-2007, 07:54 AM

Default Re: Screen layout for multiple tables?

Ever since CMAR (I think) explained both stars and FTP stack properly (so the active one is always at the top), I have one stack per site, unless watching a specific table (when there's a megadonator, for example).
Old 09-28-2007, 08:03 AM

I am on poker stars and I just have them all over the screen, I don't shrink them or anything so I can only see two whole tables at the time with the others in the background.
Old 09-28-2007, 08:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I am on poker stars and I just have them all over the screen, I don't shrink them or anything so I can only see two whole tables at the time with the others in the background.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the preferred method for most pros.
Old 09-28-2007, 08:36 AM

9 tables in a grid of 3x3.

They are shrunk pretty small and have a fair chunk of overlap as my res is 1680x1050. If i had a bigger screen (im thinking of treating myself to a 30 incher for Xmas [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] ) id be able to do 12 i reckon like this without much problem imo.

Im not a fan of multiple screens fwiw from back when i used my screen on my old laptop - its good to have the lobby seperate but i like to have the games on one monitor.

Anyone got a link to CMARs stack post? Ive tried it stack it and unless there is something special you guys are doing i cant deal with layering them so you cant see anything of each table but the one at the front.

I tried it with SnGs, and ive done it with Omaha - omaha it wasnt so bad but SnGs i couldnt do it because i couldnt keep track of the flow of the hands and in cash this is way more important.
Old 09-28-2007, 08:45 AM

the idea is you don't see the ones behind when you stack. Just watching me, it looks like 1 table. I will pull out ones where the play is worth watching, and then put it back into the stack afterwards.

This does help you focus on decisions, not results. You just need to keep an eye on reloading. (are there such things as scripts that auto-fully load?)

Even 12 tabling, I've usually only got active decisions on 1 or 2 tasbles tops at any one time, and I can easily remember the action preflop when it gets to postflop (the most important thing being whether I limped, whether I raised and got called, or whether I called a raise and what position the raiser was in).
Old 09-28-2007, 08:51 AM

Im about to go on a search for scripts come monday, if you dont find anything ill drop a thread round here if i find something of use.

Yeah, stacking works how id imagine and how ive tried it before. Like i say, it didnt agree with me and im not losing much by not doing it, just 3 tables worth of play on (12 is the max for cash on Stars right?).

Also i exclusively played SnGs for like 3 years or something stupid (god i hate how much cash ive lost doing that) so im not results orientated at all.
Old 09-28-2007, 09:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It was for me until I started doing to rows of 6 tiled vertically...talk about so much easier...
Old 09-28-2007, 10:12 AM

I use two screens and have normally two ( to four) tables on the small one and 6 on the big one. It's much easier for me if I see all tables without overlay. Using bet pot script, table mod and auto reload for Full Tilt, good help if you play much.

Still looking for those things for Stars, though...
Old 09-28-2007, 10:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It was for me until I started doing to rows of 6 tiled vertically...talk about so much easier...

[/ QUOTE ]

Ooooo...gonna have to try this method.