Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-19-2007, 01:49 PM

Default Re: To Catch A Predator 7-18 New Jersey

[ QUOTE ]
it's kind of like in scooby doo, i always felt kind of bad when they arrested the old guy who was haunting the amusement park.

like... he's probably just sad and lonely because his wife passed away and his kids don't call as much as they used to. maybe instead of hunting him down shaggy and the gang should let him adopt scooby. the guy could proabbyl use a friend.

[/ QUOTE ]

ya...except that the guy in the mask wants to have sex with children.......

I cant see how anyone has anything but contempt for these pervs.
Old 07-19-2007, 02:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Can someone elaborate on the zero percent/hundred percent results? It seems like neither of those things is possible, although I would guess 100% would be the more likely of the two, given the chat logs, miles of footage, etc.

Also, does anyone have any web/youtube links for this stuff? I never seek it out but stumble across the show from time to time. Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.associatedcontent.com/art...goes_awry.html

http://media.www.mtsusidelines.com/media...s-2922459.shtml

This doesn't even count the $100M lawsuit filed by the family of the guy that killed himself.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like the prosecutor is just making excuses on why he can't prosecute them.

The chat logs that Hansen reads is pretty disturbing. The fact that most of these guys have seen or heard about the show and still do this makes me feel no sympathy for them. These dumb perverts deserve all the humiliation they receive.
Old 07-19-2007, 02:07 PM

when are they going to start entrapping adult women with little boys?

Oh yeah, 13 year old boys plowing old women is awesome.
Old 07-19-2007, 02:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
yet i somehow feel this twinge of empathy when i see a guy face down, cuffed, and weeping.. and he knows he has irreparably ruined his life.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's TV, right and wrong don't matter Whether or not these people are dangerous criminals doesn't matter. What matters is ratings or the almighty dollar. Public ridicule and humiliation + sex and possible violence = ratings gold.

That's why I can't stand this show, it's a sham trying to convince people that they are taking dangerous child predators off the streets. BS.
Old 07-19-2007, 02:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
13 year old boys plowing experienced women is awesome.

[/ QUOTE ]

fyp
Old 07-19-2007, 02:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Can someone elaborate on the zero percent/hundred percent results? It seems like neither of those things is possible, although I would guess 100% would be the more likely of the two, given the chat logs, miles of footage, etc.

Also, does anyone have any web/youtube links for this stuff? I never seek it out but stumble across the show from time to time. Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.associatedcontent.com/art...goes_awry.html

http://media.www.mtsusidelines.com/media...s-2922459.shtml

This doesn't even count the $100M lawsuit filed by the family of the guy that killed himself.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like the prosecutor is just making excuses on why he can't prosecute them.

The chat logs that Hansen reads is pretty disturbing. The fact that most of these guys have seen or heard about the show and still do this makes me feel no sympathy for them. These dumb perverts deserve all the humiliation they receive.

[/ QUOTE ]

This whole situation has been discussed endlessly either in this forum or in El Diablo's forum. The city manager of Murphy set it up without informing a lot of people and then the city became outraged and then he was bought out as a consequence of the city's outrage. And in making sure the the city manager looked bad prosecutor found any reason he could not to prosecute.

Supposedly other jurisdictions are looking into the cases to see if they can prosecute (according to perverted justice on the radio).
Old 07-19-2007, 02:24 PM

Noah,

Thanks for the links. Wow, that lady who wrote the first article really sucks at writing. Had to reread multiple sentences a few times to figure out what the hell she was saying. Second one is better.

I'm really surprised that Chris Hansen has thus far dodged personal harm. You'd think that by now one of those guys would roll in there with a gun or weapon of some sort, either to brandish in a circumstance like this or to use to coerce their victim. There was that one guy who showed up too late with all the guns and stuff, but other than that a lot of these freaks seem to live in a fantasy land where only teddy bears and prepubescent sex await.
Old 07-19-2007, 04:35 PM

I don't know what's been hapenning recently, but when Hansen was going around the talk show circuit a few months ago, he was definitely claiming a 100% (or near 100%) rate.
Old 07-19-2007, 05:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
OCEAN COUNTY, N.J. - We’ve been catching suspected Internet sex predators for more than three years, exposing men on the hunt for sex with young teens. More than 200 men have been arrested.

After 11 investigations in eight different states, a 117 men have either pleaded guilty or been found guilty by a judge or jury.

From MSNBC's website.

[/ QUOTE ]
They're definitely not pleading guilty to a high count.

[/ QUOTE ]
Very good point.
Old 07-19-2007, 08:59 PM

Okay, let me start off by saying these guys are obviously scum and what they do is just vile to me. But does anyone else think that of all the pedophiles and child predators, these guys pose the least threat? When you watch these guys it's so obvious that 99% of them are complete [censored] social retards. I don't really think most of these guys can function with any kind of success in a social medium other than over the internet (and their success over the internet is obviously questionable too). And maybe I'm naïve, but I don't think there is some widespread epidemic of 12-14 year old girls surfing the net in hopes of losing their virginity to guys like this:

They spend a lot of money on this rating machine and end up looking like some sort of hero to society, when really all they're doing is catching perverts that probably would've never done anything if not baited with these ridiculously easy girls.

In a nutshell, I do think these guys are scum; but I also think more children would benefit if the money was spent on defending children from predators that are more socially savvy, and ultimately pose a bigger threat.