FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Would You Participate in a weekly Prison Break discussion
Yes 21 77.78%
No, I watch the show but wouldnt participate 4 14.81%
No, Don't care! 2 7.41%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-03-2007, 04:00 PM

Default Re: Stars VIP Wild speculation

What I dont understand is why stars doesnt give a bit of a discount in value of fpps if someone buys into an big event using fpps in the store. There is obvious marketing potential and I assume (which was somewhat confirmed above by scotty) that stars would rather we spend our fpps on a an ept event vs 3 60 inch lcd tvs.

Im just curious why they dont make the big live mtts available at a slightly better rate, since when you buy in Im guessing that you have to wear stars hats and shirts.
Old 10-03-2007, 04:02 PM

Actually they do. I think you get 0.01714.
Old 10-03-2007, 04:07 PM

correct. WSOP-ME is a decent deal FPP-wise.
I too would like to see an even better rate to encourage even more people to take advantage of this but it already isn't too terrible.
Considering that they can only give cash for the WSOP packages now I don't think they will give a better rate.
Old 10-03-2007, 08:31 PM

Well, me and my wife were talking tonight about me making my run at SuperNova Elite next year.

By my calculations, it's going to take me 12-tabling my normal stakes 50 hours a week for 50 weeks out of the year. Not exactly an easy task. It would also require me to switch half of my tables to 6-max.

I think I can do it. I might be a vegetable afterwards though!
Old 10-03-2007, 08:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well, me and my wife were talking tonight about me making my run at SuperNova Elite next year.

By my calculations, it's going to take me 12-tabling my normal stakes 50 hours a week for 50 weeks out of the year. Not exactly an easy task. It would also require me to switch half of my tables to 6-max.

[/ QUOTE ]

PB, did you ever think about moving up to 1/2?

With the amount you have played and how successful you are at the 100 games, you should be able to beat the 200 games also, and that would make it alot easier for you to try for SNE
Old 10-03-2007, 08:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

PB, did you ever think about moving up to 1/2?

With the amount you have played and how successful you are at the 100 games, you should be able to beat the 200 games also, and that would make it alot easier for you to try for SNE

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah.

I'll probably be playing quite a bit of 200NL next year.

I'm a huge bankroll nit though, and I've been putting chunks of my $$$ into other places.
Old 10-03-2007, 08:55 PM

grouchie,

that's not to mention that a lot of my play this year has come during non-peak hours when the games aren't quite as good.
Old 10-03-2007, 10:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Good luck, couple of suggestions.

1) Agree a schedule that aims to make SNE in 45 weeks or so. 50 is too tight. Social occasions, ISP down, computer breaks, illness etc. you'll get behind with no real hope of catching up. A year is a very long time to hope nothing unexpected will come up. The thought of hitting the last few weeks of the year needing to play lots and my ISP going down or some other disaster is a nightmare I'm very keen to avoid.

2) There may be a double points promotion again. 12 days or so earning at double rates is massive if you can devote those days to sleep, eat and play poker. Got me back on track this year, the support of she who sleeps at night who let me do nothing else for those days was invaluable - worth mentioning in advance?

chez
Old 10-03-2007, 10:46 PM

1p0kerboy;

The 200nl games are beatable by you at any point in the day. The games are not that tough and with your experience you can def. beat it easy.
Old 10-04-2007, 07:31 AM

50 hours a week doesn't sound bad. It works out to about $42/hr.

Next year I expect to make SNE by July. August at the latest. I figure I need about 2500 hours and I do at least 80 hours a week.

I'm still debating making a run for it this year even though I'm so far away it doesn't seem possible. As of Tuesday I'm done all my prep work for sports wagering and free to play poker seriously again. 120 hr/week would get me to SNE but ruin my life for 3 months. It is a hard choice.