Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-21-2006, 03:37 PM

Default Re: Running bad over 40k hands (LONG AND BORING)

throw a stack in his face...ain't nothin but some money.

move down if it gets really bad.
Old 12-21-2006, 03:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You seem to play offline as you play 10-20 NL vs. morons. You have been running bad for 40K hands; I expect that means not making money. That's not possible until you are paying them off too much; NL holdem is a game like a two pair game and that's where the donkeys make their money if you kep paying them too often. Why are you giving examples? We all know what bad beat hands look like, and when one is running bad any amount of time those happen more often than on average. If you are playing online and have donkeys there and have played 40K hands and consider yourself a winning player in such games, don't play there anymore, you should have stopped long time ago.

[/ QUOTE ]

not one word of this makes any sense
Old 12-21-2006, 04:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Am I the only the one that just quits for the day after I win X? Sometimes I'll go on a heater and win 50BB in 30 minutes and just say, "eh, that's enough for today"

[/ QUOTE ]

And then you play for 12 hours when you're stuck and emotionally ragged? That's a recipe for disaster.
Old 12-21-2006, 05:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You seem to play offline as you play 10-20 NL vs. morons. You have been running bad for 40K hands; I expect that means not making money. That's not possible until you are paying them off too much; NL holdem is a game like a two pair game and that's where the donkeys make their money if you kep paying them too often. Why are you giving examples? We all know what bad beat hands look like, and when one is running bad any amount of time those happen more often than on average. If you are playing online and have donkeys there and have played 40K hands and consider yourself a winning player in such games, don't play there anymore, you should have stopped long time ago.

[/ QUOTE ]

UMM no.

Those telling me to go switch it up. That is what I have been doing. Playing PLO online and LHE live. Yah, I have been playing some 30/60 live at canterbury to break it up, but I'm running terrible there too.

Update:

5 buyins PLO 5/10
3 buyins 10/20 NLHE last night

1.5 hours. Stopped because I fear running bad. Very -EV. sigh.

Posting is helping my mood for some reason. Thanks all.
Old 12-21-2006, 05:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this advice would work very well for you, 6471849653, if you replaced all the discussion of poker with a discussion about your grasp of the english language.

maybe shift down in "stakes" to grunting.
Old 12-26-2006, 06:44 PM

Update:

Since christmas EVE broken up by sessions:

+6K @ 2kNL
-4k @ 1kPLO
+3k @ 30/60 LHE
+1k @ 1kPLO
-5k @ 1kPLO
+4k @ 2kNL
-1k @ 30/60 LHE
+6k @ 1kPLO

~10k @ about 5k hands. So Im up 20k in a week but I'm still down for the month. I am officially break even for 3 months due to shot-taking and running bad against luckboxes in the 25/50 PLO game (ahem mattusow). Oh, and my regular PLO game has become a massive gambling fest and that is why you see the giant swings. Oh, Mike Mattusow owes me about 50K in Sklanksky bux too. Sigh.