Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-26-2006, 12:59 AM

Default Out of Position & Weird Stack Size (1/2 B&M)

I have about $165 and am the short stack on the table. There are several stacks above $600 and the big stacks are playing pretty fast and a little loose, but not reckless.

I pick up Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] in the big blind. Numerous limpers to me. I raise to $20 straight and pick up 4 callers.

Flop is 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Pot is $100.

What is your preferred play, first to act? This isn't the worst flop for my hand, but far from the best.
Old 11-26-2006, 01:10 AM

Default Re: Out of Position & Weird Stack Size (1/2 B&M)

You have $165, just try to get it in. You need atleast a double up and this seems like a good hand to do it with. You dodged A/K on the flop... just get it innnn

75, it's going in whenever you get a chance

push is ok too, but i think you get pairs and KT/FD calling to the turn (and when you push turn) or even putting you AI on the flop.

[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Party's Over
Old 11-26-2006, 01:13 AM

Default Re: Out of Position & Weird Stack Size (1/2 B&M)

in the BB w/ all these limpers rele deep in a ridiculous lag game... i would raise to like... $30? Lagtard game..
with ur stack size just pray nobody has 8T in this kind of [censored] game i assume someone to raise with JJ 99 or 77... since the pot is $100 to the flop i would check/shove if u think someone will bet or just shove and hope ur against like.. KJ or QJ...