Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-23-2006, 09:59 PM

Default TTxx flops middle set, turn question

eff stacks 100bbs

6 max 2/4 plo

hero has been playing very loose and aggressive early on, but has changed gears a bit and has now slown down a bit. Villain is the regular 2/4plo player. he is decent, but not great by any means. he likes to call in alot of bad places, and will pay off my river bets pretty light.

hero is button with A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]X [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] folds to hero who raises to 14

villain calls from the bb.

flop 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]30)

villain checks, hero pots, villain calls

turn J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img](90)

villain checks, hero..

should we bet again here? more often than not, i am ahead here, but even a half pot sized bet will usually fold straight and flush drawing hands. the only hands that call me that i beat are Jxxx hands trying to fill up on the river.(of course 66xx and J6xx would play, but i think villain would c/r me on the flop w/ thoes hands so its not a big part of villains range)

anyways, what im saying is villain is most likely drawing here, so what kind of bet if any should i make. idealy i want him to have the nfd, and make it on the river so i can get another decent sized bet out of him. what is a good size turn bet that will entice him to draw, but wont flip my hand face up?

also, how does this change if we are 200 or 300bbs deep?
Old 11-23-2006, 11:36 PM

Default Re: TTxx flops middle set, turn question

My 2 cents. Theres 90 dollars in the pot you have 350ish behind- and your pretty sure you have the best hand. I'd probably bet half pot if I felt he had a flush or a straight draw and bet pot if I felt he had a jack. Maybe 2/3 of the pot makes sense? I doubt anyone with a jack is folding this turn bet. If you bet and the guy folds his flush draw I wouldn't be too mad.

If someone has 200 or 300 BB you got to play a bit more cautious because you don't want to lose nut vs 2nd nut.
Old 11-24-2006, 12:19 AM

based on your description of villian, i'd bet about 2/3 pot

usually in this spot i'd bet around half the pot, but if someone will call light i'd make it more, especially if you're deeper
Old 11-24-2006, 03:27 AM

Stack size isn't so important here, as if you play a huge pot, you are not winning here the vast majority of the time. If you get allin here with 100bb stacks, you will be drawing dead a lot of the time, and he will be live with a jack a lot.

I would bet something in order to build the pot, and get some more money in there. Plus, this sets up for the times I have him on a draw here, and am betting air. If you have been fairly aggro, then villian might call you on the turn with KK/AA esp with flush draw, or qq and a straight draw or something. I would bet between 1/4 and 1/2 the pot for that reason. If you pot it, or 3/4 for that matter, I think you will let him play fairly well according to the strength of his hand.

-Jason
Old 11-24-2006, 08:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
he likes to call in alot of bad places, and will pay off my river bets pretty light.

[/ QUOTE ]

Based on your description I bet again and hope to get called by draws, an overpair, or a bare jack. 1/2 pot looks good. If villian was more of a bluffer than a caller I would defn check this turn and call a river bet.