Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-06-2007, 09:29 AM

Default Re: disputing a visa debit charge for poker-has anyone done this befor

[ QUOTE ]
This is my first post, and I just want to begin by saying this is a great forum. Now for my problem. I share a visa debit card with someone in my household, and this card is linked to our checking account. While going over the bank statement, I see several charges I know nothing of, but total almost 2 thousand dollars. Long story short, I call the bank, who give me the names of "merchants" from various states, some with phone numbers, for which the charges arose. I call a number, and speak to someone who tells me nothing other than he processes credit cards for online
"merchants."

I confront my man, who refuses to admit he played on a online poker site, (but I now am sure of it)which brings me to this forum. Being that Visa doesn't legally allow this, when I visit my branch to file a claim, I am certain I wont have to be responsible for these debits. Anyone else ever find themself in this boat I am in? If so, please post. The only research I found so far is this:http://www.ibls.com/internet_law_new...ws&id=1772

And please, don't be judgemental here about how I should just accept the loss if I know the guy played online--I already thought about this myself. The bottom line is that if it's illegal for Visa to be used for this purpose, why should I be penalized because some merchant/site decided to try and break the law to get/launder money?

[/ QUOTE ]

What if your "man" had won a ton of money? Any site that I have played on, and I have played on several, would get you your money sooner or later. I bet you wouldn't be here whining then.

Your "man" received the agreed upon consideration for the money he deposited, specifically, a chance to win money.

You are cheating the site no matter how you rationalize it.
You are not going to get sympathy or absolution here.

You disgust me.
Old 10-07-2007, 11:16 PM

Default Re: disputing a visa debit charge for poker-has anyone done this before?

Why do you think it was poker? Your man denies it.
Old 10-07-2007, 11:47 PM

Default Re: disputing a visa debit charge for poker-has anyone done this before?

[ QUOTE ]
I confront my man...

[/ QUOTE ]

Credit cards and debit cards are very different things. I don't think you'll have any luck getting your bank to credit your account. Besides, your "man" wasn't ripped off. He willfully played and he lost. And, as Internet poker isn't illegal under federal law, you won't have much there, either. Perhaps your man should be a man and pay his debts. Or, maybe you should give him more money so he can win it back. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-08-2007, 12:09 AM

Obvious troll post.

Ban OP.
Old 10-08-2007, 12:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Obvious troll post.

Ban OP.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree.
Closed Thread