Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2007, 08:33 AM

Default Re: Screen layout for multiple tables?

[ QUOTE ]
How do you play more than 3 tables at FTP without freeze-ups, yellow screen of death and redrawn screens slooowly from top to bottom?

BTW, I have switched to classic view, I set priority to high, I run PT with 1 min updates, I use PostSQR database, I run PokerAce HUD, no other programs open except some anti-virus stuff and MOLASSES on 3 or more tables.

[/ QUOTE ]

Switching to classic theme did help me a lot but you have already done that. Its an ongoing problem for lots of people. And from what I have read in the Zoo, even people with dual core, 2 gig ram yada yada are having issues.

The only workable solution I have found (and I know it sucks). No HUD, No PT (manually import after the session), No MSN, No anything basically. All I run besides the client is winamp and a script. This allows me to 12 table with minimal lag. And FWIW, my computer is very old, 1ghz, 500ram.
Old 10-05-2007, 11:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
...I set priority to high,

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't have a problem (quad-core screamer) but I have read on 2+2 that setting these programs to LOW has worked for many.
Old 10-05-2007, 11:13 AM

wow, ft support rules! i've got two replies within one hour.

unfortunately, they were not the answers i wanted...

what they say is that it is not possible to change the way tables pop up when a new hand starts, even if you are the last to act on that table. it is a feature embedded in the system.

the only way to deal with it is to click on a pre-act option (fold, call, call any) to speed up the process. you can't remove the steal-focus effect.
Old 10-05-2007, 11:27 AM

Ugh.

[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 10-05-2007, 11:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
How do you play more than 3 tables at FTP without freeze-ups, yellow screen of death and redrawn screens slooowly from top to bottom?

BTW, I have switched to classic view, I set priority to high, I run PT with 1 min updates, I use PostSQR database, I run PokerAce HUD, no other programs open except some anti-virus stuff and MOLASSES on 3 or more tables.

[/ QUOTE ]

My computer (crappy laptop) does much better when I set PT to 5-10 minute updates. I think that program takes some serious juice...
Old 10-05-2007, 11:46 AM

I've never tried stacking. The biggest con I see about that is that you don't know anything about the tables. When I play (1 monitor, 1600x1200, 6-10 tables, lots of overlap) I remember the table's history by where on the screen it is. IE on the upper-right table the guy to my left has 3bet me a ton, on the midupper table I've been caught bluffing a ton etc. The table-positions are more important when remembering history than the ptstats/nicks for me often. I imagine that is alot more difficult when stacking.

Party has a button on every table that algins all the tables on top of each other. I sometimes press it by mistake and I tend to end the session if I do because the tables are now out of order and I mix them up.
Old 10-05-2007, 11:51 AM

that works until the maniac to your left at the top right table leaves and his place is taken by an hyper rock...

but that's true that is one of the advantages of tiling/semitiling tables
Old 10-05-2007, 11:55 AM

True, but if that happens I notice it because I know it's supposed to be a maniac there and now there is an rock/unknown etc.
Old 10-05-2007, 12:26 PM

I have a 30" monitor and minimize the tables slightly to only have a tiny bit of overlap but can still see all the action. I prefer this to stacking because I can go ahead and preselect action at some tables which gives me more time to focus on the tables where I have decisions.

I usually just run 9 tables which leaves the tables easily visible. If I run 12 tables I usually just increase the overlap where I can still see my hole cards but not the entire table.

Then I have a 21" monitor beside the 30 that I use for 2+2, AIM etc.

I've tried stacking the tables but I do better with reads when the tables are all in different positions.
Old 10-05-2007, 01:19 PM

I just tried stacking for 6K hands yesterday and found that I really liked it.

The main advantage is that you get way less mileage on your cursor and there's less stress on your mouse hand. I know it sounds silly but if you're playing a ton of hands any help adds up quickly.

I like to pull games out of the stack when I'm all in so that I can see wtf happens [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img].