Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-14-2007, 11:19 PM

Default Sending Flowers

I've been dating this girl for a few weeks now and things have been going well and I was thinking about getting flowers delivered to her during her work hours. We are both 19 and go to the same college. Does anyone have any opinions on types/colors of flowers/roses to send her or if I should just scrap the idea completely? Thanks.
Old 10-14-2007, 11:26 PM

Default Re: Sending Flowers

Way too early. When I was 19 I was the guy that sent flowers too early and suffered greatly for it. Don't do it.
Old 10-14-2007, 11:31 PM

by college you mean middle school right?
Old 10-15-2007, 12:33 AM

Look, you want to make a gesture that will give her a little lift, right? But like LFS says, you don't want to be that guy acting like three weeks in you're ready to propose.

So just call her up in the middle of the day when she's not expecting it and make plans for a date that night, right after work. No downtime, make it so that you are picking her up right from work and showing her a good time.

Acts that hint at desperation and clinginess will not.
Old 10-15-2007, 01:21 AM

I think its a sweet thought! Giving them to her at work gets her alot of attention too, and people r like aawww who sent u those!?!?! So if she likes you it will make her feel double good! But they are a PAIN to take home from work. Since its early on, if you are dead set on flowers Id go with her fav if you know what it is, or you can go to the florist (or look online) at different arrangements you think she will like that are in season. If you want to go with roses I wouldnt go red quite yet. The white with pink tips are always gorgeous. They may take a few days to get in though so order a few days ahead from when you want them to get there if you want a unique type of flower. One thing, roses "keep" best, if she is into that kinda thing. Roses are the only flowers I dry and keep. Hope it helped some...
Old 10-15-2007, 08:25 AM

Tulips FTW
Old 10-15-2007, 09:01 AM

Don't do it. Waaaaaaaayyyyyy too early.
Old 10-15-2007, 09:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think its a sweet thought! Giving them to her at work gets her alot of attention too, and people r like aawww who sent u those!?!?! So if she likes you it will make her feel double good! But they are a PAIN to take home from work. Since its early on, if you are dead set on flowers Id go with her fav if you know what it is, or you can go to the florist (or look online) at different arrangements you think she will like that are in season. If you want to go with roses I wouldnt go red quite yet. The white with pink tips are always gorgeous. They may take a few days to get in though so order a few days ahead from when you want them to get there if you want a unique type of flower. One thing, roses "keep" best, if she is into that kinda thing. Roses are the only flowers I dry and keep. Hope it helped some...

[/ QUOTE ]

A girl I work with was sent flowers and she was harassed every day for the next two weeks. So yes, I guess it will result in receiving attention.
Old 10-15-2007, 09:24 AM

Six months of dating endurance is required before flowers imo. But when you do send them my suggestion is say something nice on the card but never tell her they're from you. Just be smarky about it, tends to get a better reaction.
Old 10-15-2007, 09:58 AM

the problem w/roses is that it's way too early to send a red one, but any other one (i.e. pink, yellow) won't really capture your intent.

edit: unless she doesn't know what the colors mean