Old 11-28-2007, 02:17 PM

Default Re: Man kills 2 People While 911 Is Telling Him Not To

All,

'He actually says "I'm going to kill them."'

From the call:

"You're gonna get yourself shot if you go outside of the house with a gun."

"You wanna bet? I'm gonna kill them"

That operator did a phenomenal job imo.

After the guy's statements of "The law has changed" "I'm not going to let them get away with it" and various other stuff, his "I had no choice they came in the front yard with me... They come right in my yard I didn't know what the **** was gonna do" statements seem pretty questionable to me.

Feels to me like the guy went out there w/ a pretty solid idea he was probably gonna shoot those guys.
Old 11-28-2007, 02:26 PM

Sapo,

You make some good points. I have mixed feelings about this case. It's definitely possible that his intent was to hold them under gunpoint once he went outside, but then things got very frantic in the heat of the moment and he panicked, quite possibly feeling some threat.

It seems unlikely that unarmed men would run towards him in that situation. But maybe they were running away through his yard already.

On the one hand, he put himself in this situation. On the other hand, he may have actually felt a real threat once he was in the situation. But I dunno, the call just makes me feel like he's pretty ready to just kill the guys.

Tough for me to come down strongly on one side or the other without knowing what exactly happened in the few seconds outside. Sounds like there were some words spoken before "Move and you're dead" but from the timing, it really doesn't sound like there was any warning, it was pretty much "Move and you're dead" BANG.

One thing to consider is that while in this case it seems like they were criminals, it seems pretty easy for friends pulling a prank on someone to get shot in a situation like this.
Old 11-28-2007, 01:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm fully in favor gun ownership and the right to defend yourself, but this seems excessive.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not. If this mouth breather had to use a bat he would have stayed home. Guns make killing people too easy.
Old 11-28-2007, 01:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm fully in favor gun ownership and the right to defend yourself, but this seems excessive.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not. If this mouth breather had to use a bat he would have stayed home. Guns make killing people too easy.

[/ QUOTE ]

yep
Old 11-28-2007, 07:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yep

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually,edit: yep, it makes it easier for individual's protecting themselves, family, and home to kill criminals
Old 11-28-2007, 07:13 PM

Assessment: This guy wasn't in imminent danger, and there's no way a jury's going to let him get off after wasting two guys for burglarizing a house, when they posed him minimal threat. His entire attitude suggests vigilantism, all the times he said "I'm not gonna let them get away with this!" is evidence of that. He said he had to "protect himself" as they were leaving the window of a neighbor's house, his mind was pretty much made up, he's lucky if they turned out to be armed and on his property.

This guy's guilty as sin of murder.
Old 11-28-2007, 07:30 PM

I don't think anyone can argue with:
- the guy went outside because the burglars were "getting away" with "a bag of loot", not because they were threatening him or his neighbour or anyone's property.
- the guy went outside with the intention of killing them.

in civilized countries this would be premeditated murder, not manslaughter or self-defense. Civilization is relatively new to Texas and to the US in general: it is a very young state and it isn't long since it was an untamed frontier. It's standard that countries like that have less respect for the rule of law. Vigilante justice is commonplace in such countries: research for example the Texas Rangers, Hamas or Mapogo a Mathamaga.

Texas has to decide whether it wants to take another step towards civilization, but I suspect Texans are perfectly happy with the way it is.
Old 11-28-2007, 02:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree completely. Nice job by the operator, "Why don't you stay on the phone with me til we can get some help there." No sympathy for this [censored] idiot at all, "boom, you're dead!" Are [censored] serious? If this isn't a banner case for gun control I don't know what is.

James
Old 11-28-2007, 01:54 PM

I'll also say this - listening to this tape, it's hard not to feel some empathy for him. Here's a guy who called the cops and just didn't want to see a crime go unpunished when he felt he could and should do something.

The result is tragic, but I listen to most of this tape and part of me understands where he's coming from. So often I think people feel powerless to defend themselves, and this guy obviously didn't want to feel that.

If you can balance that, somehow, against my thinking he never should have left the house, then that's my opinion on this mess.
Old 11-28-2007, 01:56 PM

[censored], you just [censored] with the wrong bull. You should've learned your lesson on the [censored]' basketball court. But you [censored]' monkeys never get the message. My father gave me that truck [censored]! You ever shoot at fireman? You come here and shoot at my family? I'm gonna teach you a real lesson now [censored]. Put your [censored]' mouth on the curb.
Closed Thread