Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-2007, 07:31 PM

Default NL25:TT in middleposition.flopped set facing river donk

hey guys. i have no reads on villain but he seemed like a weak player.preflop i put him on a pp or a sc.what do you think about betsizing etc.`?and what is about valuebetting the river

here is the hand:

TEXAS_HOLDEM, NO_LIMIT, P4-53817481-96
played at "Conakry" for USD RM from 2007-11-13 14:40 until 2007-11-13 14:42
Seat 1: tomaszb21 ($24.35 in chips)
Seat 2: donkeyMCdonk ($28.55 in chips)
Seat 3: carssen ($81.70 in chips)
Seat 4: DerAlte123 ($23.95 in chips)
Seat 5: Happydeal ($21.55 in chips)
Seat 6: SlamWithNuts ($8.20 in chips)
Seat 7: Ragroup88 ($25.70 in chips)
Seat 8: rvsporting ($22.30 in chips)
Seat 9: DeluxeDogg ($24 in chips)
Seat 10: hosnava ($24.75 in chips)
ANTES/BLINDS
Ragroup88 posts blind ($0.15), rvsporting posts blind ($0.25).
dealt to donkeyMCdonk [ TC,TD ]
PRE-FLOP
DeluxeDogg calls $0.25, hosnava bets $0.50, tomaszb21 folds, donkeyMCdonk bets $1.75, carssen folds, DerAlte123 folds, Happydeal folds, SlamWithNuts folds, Ragroup88 folds, rvsporting folds, DeluxeDogg folds, hosnava calls $1.25.

FLOP [board cards:5C4H,TH ]
hosnava checks, donkeyMCdonk bets $2, hosnava calls $2.

TURN [board cards:5C4H,THJH ]
hosnava checks, donkeyMCdonk bets $5, hosnava calls $5.

RIVER [board cards:5C4H,THJH6S ]
hosnava bets $5, donkeyMCdonk bets $19.80 and is all-in, hosnava calls $11 and is all-in.
Old 11-14-2007, 12:44 AM

Default Re: NL25:TT in middleposition.flopped set facing river donk

The 1/2 pot flop bet is a little on the small side, I suppose, but there is a justification for that, which is that Villain probably doesn't have anything, and the bet does at least allow him to consider peeling one off with KJo or whatever while simultaneously building a pot.

The turn card of course sucks if Villain in fact flopped a flush draw, but there's certainly no reason to assume he did, and betting is good. I think I'd make the bet a little bigger though and hope that 7h7c calls anyway. (Part of my thinking is that I'm trying to get my stack in versus Villain's calls, but, despite the anticipated $18 river pot size, it might not be so easy to get a $16 bomb called there. Meanwhile, I won't be nearly as happy about getting my stack in versus a turn checkraise, but that's a different story and also a risk you take.)

The river bet does sort of look like a blocker. It could also be an effort on Villain's part to make sure he makes something on the river with his turned flush. In short, I'm not actually happy to see that bet, but your push does seem all right to me.
Old 11-14-2007, 12:45 PM

Default Re: NL25:TT in middleposition.flopped set facing river donk

yeah that was exactly what i was thinking.the only hand that has me beat here is flush,but he can have so many other hands especiylly low pps ,that i considered value raising as the best decision on the river.but you are right.donk bets on the river are often strong hands that want to get paid off, but i interpreted it as a blocker bet.i think he would have done this donkbet also with a set himself