Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-2007, 12:26 PM

Default Re: Advice on my stats...

[ QUOTE ]

An attempt to steal blinds at 27 is way too low. Get that in the late 30'es. Given the nittyness of microstakes FR its fine if you get it above 40.

Fold you blinds a LOT less. You are simply bleeding in the BB. I play much higher stakes but my fold BB to steal HU is about 25%.

You have to get the fold BB to steal below 70. Somewhere between 50 and 60 is prolly fine for microstakes.

[/ QUOTE ]

So if I get 8To in BB, and SB (aggro player) raises to steal. What do I do? Are the cards too lousy to re-steal?
Old 10-23-2007, 01:56 PM

On the + side u ARE beatig the players for about $60. It's the house you can't beat. Other than that I agree with Oink as usual. He is the new 'Lord of the Micros' after MrWookie abandon us for some silly PHD.
Old 10-23-2007, 02:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So if I get 8To in BB, and SB (aggro player) raises to steal. What do I do? Are the cards too lousy to re-steal?

[/ QUOTE ]

I am definitely not folding T8o against an open-raise from an aggro SB.

That doesn't mean you have to spew off a bunch of chips by restealing. An occasional resteal attempt is okay, but my default play would be to just call the raise and see what the flop brings. If I catch any pair, I'm usually going to showdown, and I'm perfectly happy to just call SB (who is known to be aggressive, remember) on every street. With top pair, I'll stick in a raise somewhere. If I flop an oesd, I might stick in a raise as a semi-bluff or I might play it passively.

There are several reasonable approaches to playing this hand postflop, and mixing up your play is fine in a case like this. The main thing is that folding is wrong and indiscriminately turning the hand into a blind-vs-blind pissing contest is wrong too.
Old 10-23-2007, 02:25 PM

OP just so you know, its possible to beat full ring up to 1/2 playing 29% VPIP PFR 14% aggro 2 for 2 bb/100 if you are aware of table position and player types.

At that play rate the house makes 4bb/100 off you from rake so I wouldn't recommend going that high but it just tells you how much room you have to play here.
Old 10-23-2007, 03:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Call.

Again, I play higher stakes. But in the BB vs an open raise from SB I call any2.

At lower stakes thats going overboard. But you have position and you get immediate odds of 3:1, 4:1 since villain is c-betting close to 100%.

At lower stakes I'd call anything suited and fold the worst off suited junk like 83o, T2o. Call any paint card.

You have to learn to play these marginal hands tho. But if spots like this comes up a lot you need to frequent the shorthanded forums. Almost all hands discussed there are HU or 3-way to the flop.

But if you just fold your marginal hands you will never learn to play them.

Also, remember to adjust to the stealers range. I think you should pick up Stox book. A lot of the content is intended for higher stakes but the excellent preflop section is pretty universal IMO.

[ QUOTE ]
He is the new 'Lord of the Micros' after MrWookie abandon us for some silly PHD.

[/ QUOTE ]

I on the other hand chose to abandon my silly PhD thesis for poker...
Old 10-23-2007, 09:59 PM

I just tried to defend my blind more, and play more hands. End up losing 50BB!!! WTF!

I suppose in the inital short run of trying to push marginal hands, I'll be down for a while, before I get the hang of it.

But only after 200-300 hands playing looser, I get a lot of callers to my monster pockets, and I've been outdrawn several times (like 4 times in a row?!?). But compared with having no callers when I was playing weak tight, probably this is better? I expect to get paid off more than I pay them in the long run?
Old 10-24-2007, 02:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
But only after 200-300 hands playing looser, I get a lot of callers to my monster pockets, and I've been outdrawn several times (like 4 times in a row?!?).

[/ QUOTE ]

When running bad with your big hands its very difficult to win money.
Old 10-24-2007, 03:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Call.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is actually not the best advice, IMO the correct answer is to change seat or table. Table selection is your friend.

As for the 50 BB drop, move down until you feel more comfortable with blind-vs-blind pooflinging excersises.

my2
Old 10-24-2007, 03:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This is actually not the best advice, IMO the correct answer is to change seat or table. Table selection is your friend.

[/ QUOTE ]

ya you dont want an tight aggro guy to your right. But if button, CO and HJ are huge fish this seat should be just fine.

[ QUOTE ]
As for the 50 BB drop, move down until you feel more comfortable with blind-vs-blind pooflinging excersises.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT!

And if you get into a lot of blind vs blind pooh flinging at 0.25/0.5 you should really reconsider whether you have chosen the right game to play.

I am forever amazed of how tight the micro stakes play online. Not that you cant beat them. It just takes more than what you can read in Skalansky's and Lee Jones' books.
Old 10-24-2007, 05:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I am forever amazed of how tight the micro stakes play online.

[/ QUOTE ]
My avg table is always like 4-5 playing 50+/<10/1 in 6-max. It's not even uncommon to have 2 with 70-80+ VPIP. They hardly raise even with good hands and don't fold to nothing. All I know what to do here is play only strong hands. It's impossible to read these fools as they call with nothing or with the nuts till the river.

Do you suggest joining them in they're looseness instead of becoming tight?