Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Entertainment Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-04-2007, 03:29 AM

Default Album sales prop on bodog: 50 Cent vs Kanye West

Bet On: Which album will sell more during the first week of sales: Kanye West's "Graduation" or 50 Cent's "Curtis"?
Kanye West's "Graduation" +125
50 Cent's "Curtis" -165

The wrong album is favored here, and Bodog is giving away free money for anyone that wants it. 50 is almost irrelevent in the rap community at this point and Kanye has such a massive fanbase that it's 100% guaranteed his album will sell more copies than 50 Cent's. Also, 50's last album was complete trash while Kanye's last album won multiple Grammys. So my advice is to max out Kanye +125.
Old 08-04-2007, 03:08 PM

Default Re: Album sales prop on bodog: 50 Cent vs Kanye West

I posted about this in sports betting couple weeks ago, I'm on the other side

50 sold more albums past 2 records both opening and overall

if you wanna talk about present, you can look at youtube video views

50 cent videos for his songs from Curtis have been around for shorter on youtube but have more a lot more views

the line opened with kanye as favorite and 50 cent at even

but the price dropped about 70 cents since then
Old 08-04-2007, 08:22 PM

That's true, but the perception of 50 at the time of his last album release was that he was "it" in hip-hop. Get Rich or Die Trying was an album that had a lot of fanfare preceding its release, his upcoming album, not so much. This may be anecdotal evidence, but myself and many others (posters on rap forums that I read) are not hearing anything from 50's new album on the radio, whereas Kanye's two singles are getting a lot of play time.

However, if Kanye's album gets moved up a week which is a strong possibility, this bet is no action.
Old 08-04-2007, 10:34 PM

I really doubt either date will be changed so that isn't an issue Shaq. Those are damn near hard street dates now with them being about 5 weeks out. Too close for retail stores to reprint and rework ads for the week of the 11th.

Also Kanye was way more hyped up with his last album release than 50 was and 50 still sold more than him. Kanye's style isn't "mainstream" gangsta rap so he isn't gonna put out the numbers that 50 will. There is a reason that 50 opened as the dog and has moved a shiatload.

-Brendan
Old 08-06-2007, 01:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
That's true, but the perception of 50 at the time of his last album release was that he was "it" in hip-hop. Get Rich or Die Trying was an album that had a lot of fanfare preceding its release, his upcoming album, not so much. This may be anecdotal evidence, but myself and many others (posters on rap forums that I read) are not hearing anything from 50's new album on the radio, whereas Kanye's two singles are getting a lot of play time.

However, if Kanye's album gets moved up a week which is a strong possibility, this bet is no action.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been trying to find information on the airplay of the singles. If you have links for numbers, I'd be interested.
Old 08-06-2007, 06:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
50 cent videos for his songs from Curtis have been around for shorter on youtube but have more a lot more views

[/ QUOTE ]

Amusement Park by 50 Cent 1.9m views Posted on may 18.

Straight to the Bank by 50 Cent 1.2m views. Posted may 16, but there are three other youtube posts for this video with more than 0.1m views, the four together total 2.3m.

Stronger by Kanye West 2.9m. Posted June 27.

Kanye's other single Can't Tell me nothing has been out since may 25 and only has 1.4m views.

So yeah 50 cent has more total, but I think your statement here is incorrect.

Stronger is also way ahead in number of google searches.

Domer2, each single has its own wikipeida page where you can view their top postion on a number of different billboard lists (i.e. Billboard top 100 hot songs, Billboard top 100 hot rap songs, iTunes top 100). I am not sure how the billboard lists are created but I am sure that you could find out roughly how they are created.
Old 08-11-2007, 10:23 AM

that sucks, when i initially looked kanye wasn't that high

maybe its because his song is really high on radio play and nothing for 50

plus "Kanye is selling so much that his new album, Graduation, is #3 on the iTunes Top Albums chart.

Fiddy’s Curtis is way behind at #9.

Same thing with the singles. Kanye’s kick-off song, Stronger, is going strong at #2 on the iTunes Top Songs chart. And not even Justin Timberlake has been able to help 50 get his single, Ayo Technology, to higher than #10."

and

" When Fifty -- real name Curtis Jackson -- found out about the leak, he freaked out and allegedly told Interscope execs that he refused to do promo for his new record "Curtis," which drops on September 11. The irate Mr. Cent then went on a destructive rampage, according to Miss Info, ripping a 70-inch plasma screen TV off the wall and threw his phone straight through the window of his executive office.

Fiddy's refuses to contact anyone from the label and Interscope's now doing damage control and have rescheduled the rapper's public appearances.
"
Old 08-16-2007, 08:45 PM

Kanye's "Stronger" debuted at 47 on the Billboard Hot 100 Singles chart for the US and is now at #6 in it's third week.

50 Cent's "Ayo Technology" debuted at 22 in its' first week on the same chart. So far "Ayo Technology" is performing better. In a few more weeks we will know better which song is favored by the public.

50's last two albums have been preceded by a hugely successful single. Both In Da Club and Candy Shop hit number 1 on the hot 100 singles chart. If Ayo Technology does not duplicate the feat it's a sure harbinger of lower album sales.

West's Late Registration was similarly preceded by his smash "Golddigger". I think in 3 weeks (by September 5th) we'll have a clear idea who we should bet on.
Old 08-16-2007, 08:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
50 is almost irrelevent in the rap community at this point and Kanye has such a massive fanbase that it's 100% guaranteed his album will sell more copies than 50 Cent's. Also, 50's last album was complete trash while Kanye's last album won multiple Grammys. So my advice is to max out Kanye +125.

[/ QUOTE ]

While I'm not a fan of either artist your critical take of 50's last album did not keep it from outselling Kanye's last album.

The critical acclaim will indeed by with Kanye for these two releases however critics don't drive first week album sales. They are driven by popular demand for new product by the artist.

The success of 50's and Kanye's current single will show who will sell the best.
Old 08-16-2007, 11:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]

West's Late Registration was similarly preceded by his smash "Golddigger". I think in 3 weeks (by September 5th) we'll have a clear idea who we should bet on.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is not the case. Late Registration was released on Aug 30, 2005 while the "Gold Digger" single was released Oct 10 2005.