Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-26-2007, 04:06 PM

Default Hand from poker quiz

PLO.
Your hand: K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Board: (10[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]) 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

There has been action in the pot after the flop and now you lead out. The sole remaining player raises you.
Fold, Call or Raise?

This is a really wierd hand. I'm not going to post the correct answer yet, although many of you probably know it from the book. It doesn't say what happened preflop, but it's from live play with 15 and 25$ blinds and 1000$ effective stack sizes. What are your thoughts?
Old 04-26-2007, 04:31 PM

Default Re: Hand from poker quiz

I fold pre-login. Honestly, what a retarded post.
Old 04-26-2007, 05:57 PM

Additionally, i'll need stack sizes, limit, my actualy actions on the flop, position, um . . . regardless, push it in.
Old 04-26-2007, 07:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Additionally, i'll need stack sizes, limit, my actualy actions on the flop, position, um . . . regardless, push it in.

[/ QUOTE ]

He obviously has Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], duh. Fold to an obvious freeroll. How does anyone win at this game anyway?
Old 04-27-2007, 09:25 AM

Well, sure enough it's a retarded question. I didn't invent it, Steward Reuben and Bob Ciaffone did. You shouldn't be in this pot on the turn, but you made a silly call or bluff, and now you have the nuts by hitting a 3-outer. I say push, too. It's just that the authors say fold, with a raise being a horrible choice and call being an almost okay play. I don't get it. They are referring to play on the turn, not the flop. Even if I got in this situation from by making a mistake, I still maximize EV by pushing now.

By the way, unless the money was deep, even if you knew he was on a freeroll, I guess you'd still call him down.
Old 04-28-2007, 01:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It doesn't say what happened preflop, but it's from live play with 15 and 25$ blinds and 1000$ effective stack sizes. What are your thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

So wait, we have 40 BB stacks, there was action (presumably multi-way?) on the flop, and somehow after leading out at the turn, we're still deep enough to consider folding? This makes no sense whatsoever.