Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-21-2007, 10:05 AM

Default Re: ZOO: be forwarned

Rigged in my favor...
Old 04-21-2007, 11:40 AM

I had a guy yesterday tell me that "FTP sets up hands" - I flopped the nut straight against a guys top two pair - and I laughed at him and told him that if he thinks it's rigged to stop playing. He proceeded to say, "Online poker is not rigged, just hands are setup."

I believe this premises alone, put forward by the good fishies of the world, merits its own forum for new and groundbreaking research on this topic.
Old 04-21-2007, 12:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I had a guy yesterday tell me that "FTP sets up hands" - I flopped the nut straight against a guys top two pair - and I laughed at him and told him that if he thinks it's rigged to stop playing. He proceeded to say, "Online poker is not rigged, just hands are setup."

I believe this premises alone, put forward by the good fishies of the world, merits its own forum for new and groundbreaking research on this topic.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm glad someone gets it! see, it's not "really" rigged but it's "kinda" setup and stuff. It "can" suck, still "fun" though.
Old 04-21-2007, 12:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you don't think it's gotten worse since general went down the toilet?

[/ QUOTE ]

honestly I havent noticed a difference.
Old 04-21-2007, 02:37 PM

I actually think we have slightly fewer "it's rigged" (or "cards don't run right" for the semantical I-never-said-Rigged- nits) posts than we did 2 or so yrs ago.

These things do tend to come in waves though. One person goes on about how unrealistic the cards are and a bunch of others decide it's appropriate to chime-in, "ME TOO."

I would have no problem with 2+2 having an official policy of, "We think the cards on the online sites are just as realistic as live or anywhere else. We are kind of bored of having the same conversation with those who somehow think they can 'feel' the difference and no longer welcome such posts."

Then again, we simply can avoid the threads that harbor the "cards aren't right" morons.
Also kind of nice to know which 2+2'ers I absolutely should never listen to. Thsoe saying such things pretty much help you figure out where they should stand on the crdibility-meter if you were previously not sure on that poster.

I would not mind a seperate forum where they can discuss their ideas.
Even if such posts don't get deleted in this forum they obviously aren't welcome here and the posters shouted down and ridiculued rather quickly.
Of course, this is with good reason, but I'm sure we would like to be rid of such posts, and I'm sure they would like a place where they can have their little paranoid chats about, "There are more 2-pairs on UB. There are more flushes on Stars" without being interrupted by all of us non-believers.
Old 04-21-2007, 04:46 PM

a "its rigged" forum sounds pretty -EV for all of us. Plus I like ridiculing the rigged retards. It makes me feel better about myself [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-21-2007, 05:00 PM

alobar - I might be tempted to go troll the "It's rigged" retards in their own forum.
I invite you to join me.
Old 04-21-2007, 05:37 PM

Perhaps just name it "Conspiracy Theories" and move all rigged posts their?

Juk [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-21-2007, 06:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I always kinda liked the zoo. Usually good, useful content that you can't find elsewhere.

Just wanted to let you guys know, that you're turning into the old general forum (good riddance). To prevent this slow decline into ridiculous absurdity, it would be great if the mods would step up and delete 'poker is rigged posts' and the like when they appear.

[/ QUOTE ]
Maybe they could have their own "poker is rigged" forum where they could discus the their rigging theories with like-minded posters?

Juk [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't BBV a good place for this crap?
Old 04-21-2007, 06:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Poker is rigged forum would be rigged.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]