Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-23-2007, 01:30 AM

Default Re: 500k VPP mark reached

Desdia,
Why don't you accept Joey's challenge in HU cash?
Just because Jman, durrr, make more money than z32 and Joey doesn't mean you need to hate on them.
Also there is a difference between VPPS and FPPS which I don't think you get.
When you become a supernova each VPP = 4.5 FPPs. (I think that's correct correct if wrong)
An Aston is 5mill FPPS not VPPS.
Old 03-23-2007, 02:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Desdia,
Why don't you accept Joey's challenge in HU cash?
Just because Jman, durrr, make more money than z32 and Joey doesn't mean you need to hate on them.
Also there is a difference between VPPS and FPPS which I don't think you get.
When you become a supernova each VPP = 4.5 FPPs. (I think that's correct correct if wrong)
An Aston is 5mill FPPS not VPPS.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's 3.5 FPPs/VPP when you're supernova, but I agree with you that Desdia doesn't understand the difference.

Desdia, I'm glad you remember me being cool back in the day. I haven't changed at all. Keep that in mind when I tell you that you're being ridiculous in this thread and should just stop.
Old 03-23-2007, 01:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Desdia,
Please just admit you are jealous because when you were 22 you couldn't make hundreds of thousands of dollars a year.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, and I'm not jealous now. It's funny how y'all got jealousy out of this thread. It's also funny how I don't hate on players like Samo, Jman28, durrr, etc in HSNL who play the game that peaks my interest (NL cash) and who make wayyyy more than bigjoe and z32 but I'm not jealous of them.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes you are. we all are. but mostly you.
Old 03-24-2007, 04:44 AM

im very secure with the amount of money I make. I am also sure I could probably make more playing cash, but I am also sure it would be much more of a pain in the ass. I can make over a million a year stress free doing what I love (watching tv). I feel like if I played cash and went on quarter of a million or more upswings and downswings I couldnt live as stressfree as now. Also I'm lazy and comfortable and don't feel like changing, especially before I get a few Aston Martins. Playing the type of games durrrr and jman do require [censored] of thought and reassessment in order to stay a level ahead of the people they are playing, who for the most part are pretty [censored] good themselves, and I don't have the motivation to try and jump into those games right now. Not that I'm saying I would be as good as them even after months of trying, but that even if it was possible it just isn't something I want to do right now. but yea, desdia/flightrisk or whoever, you are a tool, thats about all.
Old 03-24-2007, 05:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I can make over a million a year stress free

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you have any insight you'd care to share as to why you're the only person playing SNGs (afaik) that can claim anything remotely close to this right now?
Old 03-24-2007, 05:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you have any insight you'd care to share as to why you're the only person playing SNGs (afaik) that can claim anything remotely close to this right now?

[/ QUOTE ]

He's the most talented of the people who still want to play sngs. He can play the most volume at the highest levels and has the stomach for the inevitable swings.
Old 03-24-2007, 05:53 AM

how many sng's a month / year / whatnot
Old 03-24-2007, 07:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I can make over a million a year stress free doing what I love (watching tv).

[/ QUOTE ]

would you be interested in a prop bet?
Old 03-24-2007, 01:53 PM

hey bigjoe
whats your hourly?
Old 03-24-2007, 03:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He's the most talented of the people who still want to play sngs. He can play the most volume at the highest levels and has the stomach for the inevitable swings.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well there are a few things that make me wonder if there's more to it.

#1 Joey is the only dude to run 10% at the $500s on party in recent times, which curtains basically insinuated was a fluke. This was looking correct for a while after Party died, then Joey had that insane almost straight-up run.

#2 You got a guy like Gramps, who by all accounts is (or was) on an extended cooler. But still I think his opinion is that the upper level games are almost unbeatable excluding rakeback.

#3 If jman, raptor, strassa, curtains, newt, or any of the other SNG->cash stars thought they could make $1 mil w/o having to think that much, I think some if not all of them would be back at SNGs.

I dunno. It just seems like either joey is the luckiest SOB alive, or has some kind of bead on SNGs that no one else in the world has right now.