Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-24-2007, 04:57 PM

Default Re: Wait till river to c/r TP

"I usually fold all my one pair Ax hands"

is that really possible with a WSD of 39? i usually CALL this checkraise and my wsd is 35.
Old 01-24-2007, 05:49 PM

Bluffing frequency is nearly always high enough to warrant a call given the pot odds.

I really need to be on cold tilt or have a broken draw to fold to a river cr here
Old 01-24-2007, 05:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
When he calls your turn raise

[/ QUOTE ]

Did I miss this
Old 01-24-2007, 05:54 PM

If I win the WSOP I mean to start experimenting with bluff cr and bluff three bets on the river.
Perhaps even bluff capping.
Old 01-24-2007, 05:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have no idea how the replies go with the OP, but I think c/r'ing AT on the river stinks.

[/ QUOTE ]

If your only playing for the money then yes. But fortunately for most people its about ego, tricking your opponent etc.
and the river CR gives such satisfaction when it works.
After all you "tricked" that extra bet out of your opponent.

I particularly like ppl slow playing AA of KK and waiting for the river to raise me. It's the same principle: They feel good, I feel good ( although they dont know that). Everyone wins. Cool huh.
Old 01-24-2007, 07:26 PM

Posting blind: I think the villain's river play is terrible vs you and I also think his preflop play is highly debatable/bad against you.

One hypothetical situation where I would like the hero's play would be against a maniac who is very capable of raising that flop with nothing and bluffing every street who will fold his nothing if the hero announces somewhere in the hand that he has an ace.

Bonus question: I think you have 55,44,A5s,A4s. Just for fun I'll guess you have 55. I think you think he has AJ or JJ.
Old 01-24-2007, 07:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If this is the case then shouldn't good player always checkraise bluff a missed spade or heart flush draw on the end? Why don't us good 2+2 tags checkraise bluff the river more? Oh yeah, because people call with everything...hmmm

-DeathDonkey

[/ QUOTE ]

Yesterday online I check/raised a tag on the river with 86 on a AT6K3 board. He insta-called with 64 and we chopped it up.
Old 01-24-2007, 07:53 PM

You 3-bet 86o preflop? Then he raised the flop? Then you check called the turn? Then he bet the river? Then you raised?

If no to any of these, it really doesn't apply. You will not be looked up very lightly in this hand. I'm guessing the hand you played had at least one street check through. I'm also guessing you both played it poorly. Holla to the 929.
Old 01-24-2007, 08:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Chris I'm glad you are here. Seriously when I get CRed on these rivers I think WTF and try and talk myself into calling with KQ high putting him on missed spades. The mediocre TAGs don't even stop to try and put him on a hand, they just call fast.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait, nobody folds a pair ever for any bets, and you are betting KQo UI on rivers like this and calling OTHER players mediocre unthinking TAGs?
Old 01-24-2007, 08:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If this is the case then shouldn't good player always checkraise bluff a missed spade or heart flush draw on the end? Why don't us good 2+2 tags checkraise bluff the river more? Oh yeah, because people call with everything...hmmm

-DeathDonkey

[/ QUOTE ]

Yesterday online I check/raised a tag on the river with 86 on a AT6K3 board. He insta-called with 64 and we chopped it up.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you agree with me?

[ QUOTE ]
Wait, nobody folds a pair ever for any bets, and you are betting KQo UI on rivers like this and calling OTHER players mediocre unthinking TAGs?

[/ QUOTE ]

Tom, you are harping too much on the KQ itself which was just me using hyperbole to say I don't need much of a hand to think about calling a river checkraise when the play doesn't make a lot of sense and can be a bluff. We all agree that people call too much, and yet you disagree that a decent player can checkraise top pair for value on the river? I am saying that if the OP folds Ax here on the river to a checkraise frequently, his opponents should be CR bluffing the river A LOT more than they probably do.

-DeathDonkey