Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-01-2006, 09:12 PM

Default .25/.50 44 hand

FullTiltPoker Game #**********: Table XXX - $0.25/$0.50 - Limit Hold'em -
Seat 1: UTG+2 ($9.30)
Seat 2: MP1 ($6.80)
Seat 3: MP2 ($19.75)
Seat 4: CO ($10.65)
Seat 5: Button ($4.65)
Seat 6: Hero ($9.05)
Seat 7: BB ($14)
Seat 8: UTG ($33.20)
Seat 9: UTG+1 ($24.15)
Hero posts the small blind of $0.10
Tytch posts the big blind of $0.25
The button is in seat #5

Holecards:
Dealt to Hero [4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ]
UTG folds
UTG+1 calls $0.25
UTG+2 folds
MP1 folds
MP2 folds
CO calls $0.25
Button folds
Hero calls $0.15
BB raises to $0.50
UTG+1 calls $0.25
CO calls $0.25
Hero calls $0.25

Flop:
[5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]]
Hero bets $0.25
BB raises to $0.50
UTG+1 folds
CO folds
Hero raises to $0.75
UTG+1 stands up
BB calls $0.25

Turn:
[5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]] [7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]]
Hero bets $0.50
BB has 15 seconds left to act
BB : hmm trips or A3s
BB folds
Uncalled bet of $0.50 returned to Hero
Hero mucks
Hero wins the pot ($3.35)
CO: wtf

SUMMARY:
Total pot $3.50 | Rake $0.15
Board:
[5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ]
Seat 1: UTG+2 didn't bet (folded)
Seat 2: MP1 didn't bet (folded)
Seat 3: MP2 didn't bet (folded)
Seat 4: CO folded on the Flop
Seat 5: Button (button) didn't bet (folded)
Seat 6: Hero (small blind) collected ($3.35) mucked
Seat 7: BB (big blind) folded on the Turn
Seat 8: UTG didn't bet (folded)
Seat 9: UTG+1 folded on the Flop

I have trouble finding good places to c/r vs. betting out and wondered if I Should I have checked the flop, planning to raise if BB bet? I debated it at the time. Villan who raised was 18/9/1.4 The others were basically calling stations.

Afterwards he told the table he folded AA

Thanks
Old 12-02-2006, 04:26 AM

Default Re: .25/.50 44 hand

With the PFRer being somewhat agro, I'd probably prefer to check, let him bet, then check/raise trapping the other two guys for an extra bet.

However, with you flopping a set in a hand against calling stations and a reasonable flop for them to be calling bets (Ax for a gutshot or overcards), leading out and making sure money goes in the pot is not a bad thing.

Also, the transforming 3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] is cool.
Old 12-02-2006, 05:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
With the PFRer being somewhat agro, I'd probably prefer to check, let him bet, then check/raise trapping the other two guys for an extra bet.

However, with you flopping a set in a hand against calling stations and a reasonable flop for them to be calling bets (Ax for a gutshot or overcards), leading out and making sure money goes in the pot is not a bad thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

I feel leading out is terrible. With this flop, BB is raising a lot of hands and shutting out the field. The calling stations are most likely on OCs and will call one bet but two makes it feel as though they're already beaten. Your first thought is much better. If we check, BB will bet and we can raise and get another bet from all three. I don't often like to check a set but I think I like it here.
Old 12-02-2006, 06:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I feel leading out is terrible. With this flop, BB is raising a lot of hands and shutting out the field. The calling stations are most likely on OCs and will call one bet but two makes it feel as though they're already beaten. Your first thought is much better. If we check, BB will bet and we can raise and get another bet from all three. I don't often like to check a set but I think I like it here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think that's a bad thing. Remember that once the pot gets big it's better to increase the chances that we win that trying to build a bigger pot. By leading (and assuming villian raises) there is a much higher chance that gutshots fold (and maybe even 1 card OESD hands).
Old 12-02-2006, 07:32 AM

A checkraise is always preferable when the pot is small, but here the pot is counting 8 sb so I think it is ok to bet right out and hope that bb raises. He does. The betting comes back to us - should we reraise and why.

let's take a look what really happened: On the turn there are 7 BB's in the pot and if he really had AA he actually had 6 strong outs. That's about 1:7 and you forced him to a mistake by not calling your bet, because he partly feared a made straight. If he had KK he folded correctly but many would have called this up anyway.

The other siuatiuon is to bet out and just call his raise. Now he do not pay for his draw but that is because we want him to believe he is ahead so our plan would probably be to checkraise the turn. On the turn there are 6 BB, he bets, we raise(9BB) . AA will have a tough time folding here and maybe he will make a crying river call. So let's assume we'll get 1,5BB extras by this play in average but we will risk the pot(7BB) + any further bets. With AA he is about 24% chance of winning on the flop so I don't think he'll pay you enough so I will abandon the slowplay.

On the turn we should also note that any 6 makes a split pot so you did fine I think.
Old 12-02-2006, 09:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think that's a bad thing. Remember that once the pot gets big it's better to increase the chances that we win that trying to build a bigger pot. By leading (and assuming villian raises) there is a much higher chance that gutshots fold (and maybe even 1 card OESD hands).

[/ QUOTE ]

No OESD is folding here and I'm sceptical whether you'll get rid of GSs either. I think all you achieve is to fold out OCs, who are drawing dead. Even one gutshot is probably going to be worth less to you than the extra in the pot for the times you are going to win this.
Old 12-02-2006, 10:09 PM

Agreed, which is why I wanted to verify that I had made a flop error. I'm fine with giving BB odds to draw out on me since the two dead money players would put more money in than I'd lose through suckouts.
Old 12-02-2006, 10:43 PM

Guys, we want gutshots to call/call.