Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-26-2006, 03:17 AM

Default Flying hi and die. Time to get both feet on the ground. ( long )

You may have seen me on 1knl and 2knl on party if you ever watched those tables or took a shot there. You who have seen me, pretty much know how much i have sucked the last month(month's ?). For you who havent, trust me.

My first experience with poker was 3 years ago when i was 16 years old. It was at pacific, playing there 3/6 limit game. It was when 80% of the players really sucked. I mean i wasnt good either but i have always been a fast learner and I had read WLLH by lee jones. One day when i was chatting on the table, someone mentioned partypoker and wanted to sign me up(he was an affiliate). He signed me up and we became friends, he taught me alot about limit poker. Anyway he also was in a proposition program which i joined. This was when i first started making real money. like 2-3k the first month and the payday was bigger and bigger for every month passing.

Now i begun to play NL and reading books about it. It went well and my BR got bigger and bigger. When I was 18 and had a BR of 50k I started playing 5/10 (about 6 months ago). 2 months of rushing and i had a BR just over 100k and decided to move up. Just has predicted i was crushing 10/20 too. So why not dropp out of school, i wasn't doing so well anyway. Im smart, very smart. No doubt about that(dont want to brag just to let you know what i have to work with), But school just wasnt for me.

Yeah you guessed it, about 2 months after i dropped out. Everything started to go downhill. Now looking back, and i mean looking back 6 months when i first started playing 5/10. It wasnt so strange at all. I mean I was partying more than ever. I was spending so much money on junk. I stopped reading my books about poker. I stopped reading 2+2(yeah i have been lurking around but never post anything). I was crushing so why would I need that? I got lazy.

So now tilting about 1-2 months in a row and just running very bad. I have a BR of 12k. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

I am sick of myself for not done this earlier but it have learned important stuff and im sure I will be back.

Now you may be thinking. okey, but wtf am I reading this for. Well i need your help. Im begging for your help. Im Begging for a second chance.

I have bills for 2k every month. I Would like to make somwhere around 5k, because then I can use 3k to live and 2k to build.

Im not gonna take a job, This is my job. Im not going back to school, and im not gonna do as so many ppl in sweden take contribution from the goverment.

1. So what do I need help with. First if you had 12k BR where would you start playing. Im thinking 200nl.

2. I wanna know what WR i can expect at the various levels at mid stakes.

3. When is it time to move up at mid stakes(what BR do i need for the various levels at mid stakes).

4. I am completly new to mid stakes only been reading High(when it was medium-high stakes But iw as so stupid i skipped hands under 5/10), there i love the post made by flawless and fsuplayer. Which posters make the best posts here?

5. What to keep in mind, when moving down from 5/10 to 1/2-2/4?

6. The best sites for mid stakes?

7. Anything other that you can think of that can help me.

Now i just wanna say to all others thinking that poker is so easy, dont get lazy. If you get lazy, you WILL lose.
Old 01-26-2006, 04:21 AM

Default Re: Flying hi and die. Time to get both feet on the ground. ( long )

[ QUOTE ]
You may have seen me on 1knl and 2knl on party if you ever watched those tables or took a shot there. You who have seen me, pretty much know how much i have sucked the last month(month's ?). For you who havent, trust me.

My first experience with poker was 3 years ago when i was 16 years old. It was at pacific, playing there 3/6 limit game. It was when 80% of the players really sucked. I mean i wasnt good either but i have always been a fast learner and I had read WLLH by lee jones. One day when i was chatting on the table, someone mentioned partypoker and wanted to sign me up(he was an affiliate). He signed me up and we became friends, he taught me alot about limit poker. Anyway he also was in a proposition program which i joined. This was when i first started making real money. like 2-3k the first month and the payday was bigger and bigger for every month passing.

Now i begun to play NL and reading books about it. It went well and my BR got bigger and bigger. When I was 18 and had a BR of 50k I started playing 5/10 (about 6 months ago). 2 months of rushing and i had a BR just over 100k and decided to move up. Just has predicted i was crushing 10/20 too. So why not dropp out of school, i wasn't doing so well anyway. Im smart, very smart. No doubt about that(dont want to brag just to let you know what i have to work with), But school just wasnt for me.

Yeah you guessed it, about 2 months after i dropped out. Everything started to go downhill. Now looking back, and i mean looking back 6 months when i first started playing 5/10. It wasnt so strange at all. I mean I was partying more than ever. I was spending so much money on junk. I stopped reading my books about poker. I stopped reading 2+2(yeah i have been lurking around but never post anything). I was crushing so why would I need that? I got lazy.

So now tilting about 1-2 months in a row and just running very bad. I have a BR of 12k. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

I am sick of myself for not done this earlier but it have learned important stuff and im sure I will be back.

Now you may be thinking. okey, but wtf am I reading this for. Well i need your help. Im begging for your help. Im Begging for a second chance.

I have bills for 2k every month. I Would like to make somwhere around 5k, because then I can use 3k to live and 2k to build.

Im not gonna take a job, This is my job. Im not going back to school, and im not gonna do as so many ppl in sweden take contribution from the goverment.

1. So what do I need help with. First if you had 12k BR where would you start playing. Im thinking 200nl.

2. I wanna know what WR i can expect at the various levels at mid stakes.

3. When is it time to move up at mid stakes(what BR do i need for the various levels at mid stakes).

4. I am completly new to mid stakes only been reading High(when it was medium-high stakes But iw as so stupid i skipped hands under 5/10), there i love the post made by flawless and fsuplayer. Which posters make the best posts here?

5. What to keep in mind, when moving down from 5/10 to 1/2-2/4?

6. The best sites for mid stakes?

7. Anything other that you can think of that can help me.

Now i just wanna say to all others thinking that poker is so easy, dont get lazy. If you get lazy, you WILL lose.

[/ QUOTE ]

going back to school might be more +EV
Old 01-26-2006, 05:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
going back to school might be more +EV

[/ QUOTE ]
No it isn't. Sure i wont have poker as job my whole life but now I will. I am willing to go the extra mile for it. If I want a job which would teach me more about economics i could easily get one. But I dont wanna talk about that. Plz dont make this into a job versus school versus poker thread. There are plenty of them and i have read them. I took very much in consideration when i took made that decision and im not regretting it.

So now lets talk poker. Please give me some good answers.
Old 01-26-2006, 05:43 AM

dont go back to school, but be a lot more careful with your bankroll...

12k is fine for nl 400

20 -25 buyins is the usual rule of thumb for nl cash games

wait to you have like 25-30k, move up to 5-10 6max, if you go back down to 12k, hit up nl 400...

winrates, 3-6ptbb/100 in nl 400, so anywhere from $100-200/per hour 4 tabling, and better if you can 6-8 table, plus make sure to have a good rakeback deal...

just curious, how you blew it from 100 to 12k? i also have you as a big winner on party, big games at ub?
Old 01-26-2006, 05:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
plus make sure to have a good rakeback deal..

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this possible on Party?

(Sorry for this OT question)

Peter
Old 01-26-2006, 06:01 AM

Tilted, everytime i get set and someone turned a flush. well this time they cant have hit. Dumb Bluffs. All those fancy plays calling down with A high. But mostly cause i titled. I can say that I hate the put button on UB.

Okey so im gonna use 30 buyins for each level untill i get till 10/20 where im gonna use 50 buyins.
Im 4 tabling atleast.

ty for your response. Plus i can say that i had more than 100k [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

Now im looking forward to start over and have fun playing poker.
Old 01-26-2006, 06:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Peter

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont mind. What i have heard no. I have a "friend" that claims that he still have rakeback though. If im wrong I would be more than happy.
Old 01-26-2006, 06:12 AM

And I am sitting here all pissed at myself cause I was up 2 k at one point tonight and I ended my session only up 1 k.

good luck to you man, just keep an even keel and you should be fine.
Old 01-26-2006, 08:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Peter

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont mind. What i have heard no. I have a "friend" that claims that he still have rakeback though. If im wrong I would be more than happy.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know for a fact that its possibly to get rakeback on party(a friend of mine got it last month). Problem is that if you already have an account you have to make the rakeback account with someone elses name... meaning no neteller. Also the way rakeback get calculated for you is a pretty annoying, they wont tell their affiliates how much each individuel rakebacker has raked, so you have to use pokertracker and some other program(forgot name) to send screenshots to the affiliate.

I think a 12K br is to small to play 400nl when its for a living. Would wait till i had around 16K to move to 400. Also i higly recommend playing more than 4 tables at the lower limits. You usually dont need reads and you will seldom be put to a hard decision. So playing TAG on 8-9 tables makes more money than playing LAG on 4 tables.
Old 01-26-2006, 12:31 PM

just the other day, i saw you at the 600NL tables. it's really important to play within your bankroll if you're playing poker for a living. start at the 200 just to be safe. 400 if you're confident that you can beat that level. however, ive played about 1000 hands with you and you dropped 6 buy-ins at the 600 level. i looked at the hand histories and they weren't exactly "bad luck". you made stupid plays and went broke on mediocre hands.