Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: To Tilt Or Not?
Agree 5 45.45%
Disagree 6 54.55%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2007, 12:38 PM

Default Re: Turkey Talk: November Low Content Thread

Worse. Session. Ever.

So what's everyones worst session ever? I just played mine on the weekend. 5 hours at juicy live 2/4 game (7 people to flop regardless of whether raised), lost 68.5 BB (crushing my old record of 59 BB in one session). I won 2 hands. I raised preflop 17 times and won 1 of those hands (usually had over 20:1 to make a weak peel to the turn where I would then have to let my hand go). My two fastplayed flopped sets were runner-runnered. Bloodbath.

Is it even possible for a good player to lose this much in one session? If not, then I am not a good player.

GcluelessnoobG
Old 11-13-2007, 12:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Worse. Session. Ever.

So what's everyones worst session ever? I just played mine on the weekend. 5 hours at juicy live 2/4 game (7 people to flop regardless of whether raised), lost 68.5 BB (crushing my old record of 59 BB in one session). I won 2 hands. I raised preflop 17 times and won 1 of those hands (usually had over 20:1 to make a weak peel to the turn where I would then have to let my hand go). My two fastplayed flopped sets were runner-runnered. Bloodbath.

Is it even possible for a good player to lose this much in one session? If not, then I am not a good player.

GcluelessnoobG

[/ QUOTE ]

i judge my sessions based on my level of play.

i won 15 BB last weekend and i consider it one of my worst sessions ever.

i lost 50 BB in a 4/8 game before and i considered it to be one of my best.

sounds like you ran bad, dont worry about it.

and seriously, move up. imo, staying at the same level leads to stagnation. i see that you've been playin 2/4 for well over a year now - way too long!
Old 11-13-2007, 01:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]

and seriously, move up. imo, staying at the same level leads to stagnation. i see that you've been playin 2/4 for well over a year now - way too long!

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm gonna re-evaluate at the 1000 hour mark (100 more hours ); by that time I should be break-even the way I'm running! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-13-2007, 01:53 PM

We are clearly kindred spirits, G. Last Friday night I had my biggest negative session ever while sitting at a pretty darn good table. It took me over 2.5 hours to win my first pot, and the next 2.5 hours actually went far worse. In the end I lost 48.75 big bets.

After the session I examined my play and to be honest, I did fine. I made a few mistakes here and there, but nothing catastrophic. I've had winning sessions where I played far worse. As a fun example:

Hero is in the CO with 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6 players take the flop (the SB folded his hand!!!) and we see:

6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Ding Ding Ding! Four opponents put in 4 bets on the flop. Turn is a non-heart King and some more money goes in. Board pairs on the river, I make a crying call....
Old 11-13-2007, 02:53 PM

James-I hear you about the golf thing. It is a pretty unnatural way of contorting one's body time after time eh? I assume you know that it is called GOLF cause F**k was already taken [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].

My dad who is now 85 played golf for years and he can't play now. He was playing up until he was like 80 still shooting about 88-90 which is pretty amazing for his age. He now goes regularly to a chiro. Years ago never did and his back kept going out. It hasn't gone out in years now. So to answer your Q, yes I think it can help. Some will totally disagree and dismiss them as quacks and that is fine cause everyone has the opinions on things.
Old 11-13-2007, 03:09 PM

My mom goes to chiro like once a month and swears by the guy. Says if she misses an appointment she's in agony by week 6.
Old 11-13-2007, 03:15 PM

Stuff:

Worst session ever-Well my worst loss as far as # of BBs goes so far was 44 BBs at 4/8. Not that bad really in the scheme of things. It came really fast too. I was making tons of good but second best hands for a few hours.

I had one session a few weeks ago where I was up 3 racks after about 5 hours. I arrived to the joint early and was supposed meet a few friends there. They got a late start and didn't arrive till much later. I decided to stick around and wait for them against my own better judgement, and wait, and wait for them and my chips got whittled down to a mere positive profit of $5!!! I kept saying to myself "I should just leave now" several times when I wa still up a nice amount. I was tired and had been there plenty long enough. Why don't we listen to ourselves when we know we are right & we now we should just leave and book the nice win!!! The game was so good but I should have left. The game will be there tomorrow and the next day.

Yesterday playing some 4/8 live I buy in for my normal 2 racks. Sit down and start playing. About 15 minutes later this younger guy a few seats away who had been there awhile says "We need to win some pots over here cause none of us are doing good, except you". I hadn't played a hand since I sat down but he was looking at my chips on the table and thought that I had won some pots. About an hour or so later, I had won some big pots and was up. He asked me if I was a pro. I said, "right, a 4/8 pro" and smiled. About 3 hours later he comes back to the same table and I am up 2 racks and he sits down again and says, "I knew you were a pro, look at your chips dude!" He was dead serious.
Old 11-13-2007, 06:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My mom goes to chiro like once a month and swears by the guy. Says if she misses an appointment she's in agony by week 6.

[/ QUOTE ]

do you share any physical similarities to the chiro? just askin'....
Old 11-13-2007, 06:14 PM

not only do i not know, but i honestly don't even get the joke....whats going on?
Old 11-16-2007, 06:43 AM

heh
Closed Thread