Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-30-2007, 03:51 AM

Default Re: Is there still cheating going at AP?

Cheating at AP? Can't believe that
Old 10-30-2007, 06:24 PM

If you still play there, you deserve to be cheated.
Old 10-30-2007, 07:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I probably think it's the safest place to play right now. They couldn't be dumb enough to try something else while under this intense scrutiny, could they?

[/ QUOTE ]
They did before. They were under intense scrutiny before Potripper won that tournament by cheating, although it was lower than the current level.

Even if Absolute Poker gets rid of all of the employees who were actively cheating (and they have not been honest or forthcoming about it), they will not immediately have a competent, experienced security department. They will still be far behind the sites that have taken the possibility of cheating seriously for years. As a poker moderator for another site, I have labelled Absolute Poker (and Ultimate Bet, which they own) as Not Recommended, and that stands even after Absolute reluctantly admitted some of the cheating happened.

I don't think incompetence is their only problem remaining. See this NY Times article. They have been involved in many business disputes, and do not have a reputation of integrity.

To the OP, the cheaters who were caught saw their opponents' hole cards, not the cards that were to come. The hand you showed just looked like poor play, not anything resembling the cheating observed earlier. You'll need to gather a lot more hands like this to be convincing.
Old 10-31-2007, 05:02 AM

[/ QUOTE ]As a poker moderator for another site, I have labelled Absolute Poker (and Ultimate Bet, which they own) as Not Recommended, and that stands even after Absolute reluctantly admitted some of the cheating happened.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm a newb playing at UB. I was wondering about how safe it was. What sites are ok for U.S. players? Not sure which except them.
Old 10-31-2007, 05:13 AM

PokerStars and Full Tilt are both good sites for US players. They are big, reputable operators.
Old 11-05-2007, 01:58 PM

there is nothing wrong with AP i contacted them after the incident and they assured me and went in to great detail about what they have done to make sure nothing of this nature happens again
Old 11-05-2007, 02:15 PM

Assuming he could see your hole cards, reckon he'd shove with 52 vs your AQ? I don't think so. You got ul tbh.
Old 11-05-2007, 02:19 PM

they didnt deny that things had occured they assured me however that they would never again happen
Old 11-05-2007, 02:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
they didnt deny that things had occured they assured me however that they would never again happen

[/ QUOTE ]

Well what do you expect them to say?

I would not deposit one cent in an Absolute Poker account or an account of any site associated with Absolute Poker (UB). Their management has proven their incompetence, arrogance, and neglect several times over during this scandal. Why would anyone want to play at this site when there are far more reputable places to play?
Old 11-05-2007, 04:34 PM

well i am a VIP there so i get rakeback and also some other cool benefits and i for one was very satisfied with what they told me they had already done and what they planned to do to avoid this happening again...AP unlike some sites (full tilt)have support that can be reached 24/7 which is another factor that keeps me there...and i have always found there support willing to help in anyway possible...