Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-16-2007, 12:56 AM

Default Re: Going to Japan

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Tokyo has a pretty sick clubbing scene in the Rapungi (sp?) district. I think hooking up may be difficult, as the Japanese are generally shy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Never been myself but hooking up in Roppongi is apparently quite easy from what I hear.

[/ QUOTE ]

Roppongi basically felt like NY. Asians were a minority from what I saw of the bars. Definitely do not go on a Tuesday night. We basically saw nothing but touts with Jamaican accents trying to get us to go up to the hostess bars. I mention Jamaican only because it was funny as hell listening to the pitches.
Old 07-16-2007, 12:57 AM

Default Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

Old 07-16-2007, 12:58 AM

ugh when am i gonna get there
Old 07-16-2007, 01:33 AM

also, find out ahead of time if there's a sumo tournament going on while you're going to be there. I think there's ~4 per year that last 2 weeks and they're each in a dif. city.
Old 07-16-2007, 10:44 AM

Sumo is awesome, and highly recommended. Unfortunately though, there's a tourney going on right now, so there probably won't be one next month.
Old 07-16-2007, 10:58 AM

Be careful of nuclear material
Old 07-16-2007, 03:11 PM

I'm guessing you'll be traveling extensively by train, in which case I'd explore your options here. It should contain the information you need (in English) to make the best choice for a railway pass. This will prove to be super convenient, especially when it comes to planning travel over the course of a day.

If you're landing at Narita Airport, I suggest taking care of this right away. There is a JR East office right outside international baggage claim. You can also plan your first trip in that office, which means getting reserved seats on the Narita Express to Tokyo Station.

Reserved seats are especially useful on the Shinkansen, so you should always try to work out a rough schedule ahead of time. On JR lines that don't have reserved seating, you just show the pass to the gate attendant and don't have to worry about individual tickets.

Note that the JR lines are different than the Metro Tokyo subway lines that you may want to use occasionally. You can buy prepaid cards for the subway as well.